Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    czepp Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Flashing adware icon
    Hi, I use win98 and next to clock there is flashing alert icon that I don't know how to get rid of. The first time I saw it I clicked on it (thought it was my antivirus) and it took me to a site to download spyware protection software which I didn't do. I have run full antivirus (avast) and spyware (aol) and adware (adaware) scans but it is still there. The adware did find tracking software but I have since quarantined the critical ones.
    Can anyone help because I'm worried this might be dangerous.
    ANETGames Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Mar 30, 2007, 02:18 PM
    If you can provide any additional information such as filenames, threat names, a small screenshot of the image in the tray.

Also, a hijackthis log would be a beneficial help.

Good luck!
    - ANETGames
    czepp Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ANETGames
    If you can provide any additional information such as filenames, threat names, a small screenshot of the image in the tray.

Also, a hijackthis log would be a beneficial help.

Good luck!
    - ANETGames
    Thanks for the answer but I decided to format the HD in the end. If you could suggest a good freeware spy/adware prog that protects while online I would be very grateful.
    ANETGames Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2007, 07:53 AM
    I use AVG Free, and AdAware. But that's just me :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Sound and ICON gone [ 3 Answers ]

I have done everything suggested to me and I still have NO SOUND. When I 'rolled back" as was suggested it took away my SoundMax2 and won't reinstall it, also my volume icon in the tray is gone I tried the sndvol132 no luck. I have restored to a new restore point. Bottom Line I cannot get...

Hide icon tray.. [ 4 Answers ]

I want to hide tray icon of my open program so that other can't use it... I all ready try systrayx it good but demo version is now enddate, so I'm just trying to find if there is any tray icon hider available "FREE SOFTWARE" :D...

Unknown icon on desktop [ 3 Answers ]

An unknown icon just showed up on my desktop. It is a windows icon with one of these ~ below it. Does anyone know what this is and if its OK to just delete it? Thanks, Kat.

Winxp program icon [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have encountered on several occasions when there is this '~' icon been created on my desktop for no reason. Usually it is created after I've run a few programs, which I can't pin point to. This particular shortcut/icon created does not d anything, at first I suspected it was created by a...

View more questions Search