Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newmember2013 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 12:11 PM
    A straight guy fancying a lesbian
    Is this normal. She has been with someone for a few years. I know this because this has been told to me in no uncertain terms by a few people. I know I have absolutely no chance of going out with her but this still is not stopping me from wishing I could have her as a girlfriend. Was talking to a friend of mine the other night and he was telling me that everyone knows I fancy her. She even knows this herself. Just interested to know if this has ever happened to anyone before and if they have ever done anything about it, or just left it as it is without letting the girl know in person that you fancy her
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 14, 2013, 12:58 PM
    When I was in my late teens I had a lesbian friend... she was so cool... we got along perfectly... I could picture myself with her. So what did I do? I told her. What did she do? She said she was flattered but even though she liked me, she didn't like me in that way. She did say that if she ever changes her mind, she will let me know... lol.

So there... I answered your question but wasn't of much help. Knowing what I know now, I would never have said anything because it became a little awkward for me after that. So I eventually lost a good friend. What did I know? I was a teenager still learning and there was no internet back then to get answers or opinions.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2013, 01:04 PM
    Some of my best friends are gay guys. We've known each other for years, and now, in our old age, tease each other about "if only you were straight, I could really go for you" or "if only you were gay..." I think we can do that now because we are old. It wouldn't have worked when we were younger, would have been an emotional and even sexual put-down.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 14, 2013, 04:11 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...me-769661.html

Same girl?
    newmember2013 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2013, 11:23 AM
    Talaniman . That's correct yeah. I am all right until I see her, then I just freeze. I now she has a girlfriend and I know I have absolutely no chance of going out with her, but its just something that intrigues me about about her more than any other person. There is just something about her. Donot ask me what it is because I couldnot tell you
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 11:32 AM
    What I find amazing is you kept this lesbian thing from your last post, and still carry a torch for a co worker, and somebody with somebody already. Or so you have been told through the water cooler crowd.

Boy, do you need a better more enjoyable social life to stay out of this workplace drama. At least learn how to deal with your attractions so they don't consume you and take over your actions. That's just not healthy, no matter the cause.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 11:50 AM
    Keep your feelings about her to yourself. Like you said she already knows and does not need to hear a declaration from you. Workplace romances are just (in my opinion) tacky and has the potential for too much drama.
    I think you feel this way about her because you don't feel threatened or challenged. She is in a relationship and is Lesbian. Do you ever look at girls or become serious about ones who are actually available?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 15, 2013, 01:35 PM
    The fact that you didn't bring any of this up in your other post suggests to me that you need professional help.
    You said 'Everyone knows I like a girl at work. Yesterday she got together with a guy and it appeared that they were going for a drink. This never happened. The pair of them were in on it to see if they could get a reaction from me and it worked. People were saying I looked like I wanted to kill someone.'
    First, you have made it known all over work that you like someone totally unavailable for TWO reasons.
    Second, she's a lesbian, yet going for a drink with a guy got a reaction from you.
    Third, people said you looked like you wanted to kill.

You need therapy, and you need it now. I think this is beyond talking out with people online. You don't sound remotely capable of realizing that you can't have people who don't want you. It's a neurosis.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 01:43 PM
    So this is the one from the office that you were talking about last month... how silly. Why didn't you bother to tell us this in your last post? Or why didn't you just add this to the last one?

Seriously, it's time to just let it go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with a lesbian but straight [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 20 years old and I'm in love with a lesbian. I'm really confused. To help you understand the story, I'll give you background information. She and I originally met online. She was using the picture of a boy. For over a year I was under the impression that she was a guy. We talked every...

Straight girl needing lesbian friendship? Is she really straight? [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Dr, Sometimes I feel there is a trend for straight women to cross the line, In terms if their sexuality. I am 54 and have know my attraction to women at a young age. In high school I had hoped and prayed that theses emotions were just a sexual development issue. I was very attracted to boys...

I'm a straight girl in love with a lesbian [ 4 Answers ]

So I'm 22 and have always been interested in guys until 6months ago. I met a girl in work who is a year younger than me and is an open lesbian. At first we were just friends and then I got told that she fancied me. As time went by I started to develop feelings for her but didn't tell anyone. We...

View more questions Search