Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southern_cutie001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Marriage at 16
    I am 16 is it okay for me to marry a 46 year old...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 29, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Okay? Not in my opinion. However it may not be illegal depending on where you live.

In my opinion, the age and cultural differences of 30 years are too great to provide a stable relationship. It might be OK if you were more mature like a 76-46 difference, but not at this age. A 46 year old even thinking of a relationship with a 16 year old smacks of pedophilia and is highly questionable.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Ask yourself this question... what do you have in common with a 46 year old man? What activties do you share a love for?

My concern is that this man is old enough to be your father... and Scott is right... it screams pedophilla
    always_hot Posts: 114, Reputation: 16

Mar 29, 2007, 09:04 AM
    I Guess It Depend On Your Maturity, But Either Way I Don't Think It Is Wise To Get Married Yet. You Have To Look At The Big Picture. With The Age Difference You Have To Relize That He Is Much Older And You May Have To Take Care Of This Man When He Is Older Wheather It Be Finacially Or If He Is Sick Or Something. Also You Have To Think About Your Sexual Needs As You Get Older. You Haven't Even Reached Your Sexual Peak Yet And Won't For Some Years And He Is Way Past His. I Am 26 And I My Boyfiend Is 42. I Have To Look At The Big Picture And Some Times It Scares Me. So Do You Honestly Think He Will Be Able To Give You Everything You Need? Also You Still Need Yo Grow As A Person And Find Out Who You Really Are And What You Want Out Of Life. I Hope You Make The Right Decsion For You!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2007, 09:06 AM
    I would say you did not say first where you are from, old men marrying children are more acceptable in some cultures than in others.

And in most places it would require parents consent.

But in my opinion, it is very wrong in every aspect of that relationship.
    The parents of the 16 should have never allowed such a relationship to develop. And if it was within my power a 46 year old even showing interest in a 16 year old should be in jail.
    always_hot Posts: 114, Reputation: 16

Mar 29, 2007, 09:06 AM
    BY THE WAY a 46 year old man should not be interested in you like that it is moraly wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Will my marriage last? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my D.O.B is 12-17-1983 am getting married in 2 months I want to know if my marriage will last /will I have any children ?and how many ?and is my fiancé cheating on me?my email address is [email protected] Please Help!! :( :( :( :(

Marriage [ 5 Answers ]

Can a U.S. citizen marry an illegal here in the states? If so what are the steps to take to get that person permission to stay illegally?

Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I Was Born On 11.09.1992 At 4.25 Am My Question Is - At What Age Will I Get Married And Whether It Will Be A Love Marriage Or An Arrange Marriage?

My marriage [ 13 Answers ]

I am new to this. Ive never come on line to ask for advice, but I feel I have no where else to go. A brief summary. My husband and I have been married for 4 years now. We dated for another 3 years before we got married. Im 29 and he is 31. All started nice and sweet, I mean sometimes its still...

View more questions Search