Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amami Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 07:04 AM
    7 days late, 2 negative HPTs
    Its been 7 days now and still no period. My nipples are very sore, slight lower backache, frequent urination and extremely weepy. I took HPT( First Response) on the 5th and 7th day(thats this morning) and I got negative results. My husband and I are married for more than a year now but we haven't actually tried to conceive yet. So now I am wondering if I am just paranoid or if I am really pregnant. I don't want to get excited over it in case Im really not pregnant( I hope I am though :)). Did I take the test too soon? How long should I wait for the next test? Please help.
    lil_pea07 Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Mar 29, 2007, 10:23 AM
    You could be pregnant. Sometimes it takes longer to show up. Wait another week and take another one. If that comes out negative wait a few more days then go to the doctor. As something else could be wrong or maybe its just not showing in your urine. Some women will have negative. Urine tests and positive blood tests... or both urine and blood negative and have an ultrasound done and find a baby. :) (ive actually been told of these stories from women on here) well good luck to you and best wishes! Keep us posted.

Mar 29, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Thanks. Lets hope for the best but frankly I hate this waiting game
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Mar 29, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Usually it takes a couple weeks to find out if you are for sure pregnant. So try and take the test in a couple more days and see what the outcome is. =]
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Mar 29, 2007, 11:27 AM
    I got a negative from an Early Response at 7 days late. I got a faint positive at 10 days late. The waiting game really stinks, but set a day that you are "allowed" to test again, and until then just keep yourself busy. Hope the best for you!

Mar 31, 2007, 08:14 AM
    When I posted this question I was 8 days late not 7 days. Today would be 10 days, I am itching to get my hands on the hpt and take it again but I am setting up a date for myself, that is, on Wednesday, that make it a total of 2 weeks. If I don't get my period by then and if I still get a negative, I think I'll go take a blood test. If I am pregnant this would be my first so I am very excited. Thank you all for all your support. Will you keep posted on how things are going :)
    Jinelle27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Today I took a hpt. I'm now 7days late myself. It came up negative. My parents are both R.N's and they said don't worry. That I probably took the test to early. Me and my husband are also itching to know. I'm with the other women. Set a day and take it again. I'm going to take it on my 2 week late date. Good luck to you! Wish nothing but the best.

Dec 10, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Ok here's an update. I didn't get pregnant that month, it was just a false alarm. But guess what, now I am finally PREGNANT. I am on my fifth week and our baby is due on 15th August 2008. Thanks for all your replies

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

25 Days Late, took 2 PT and Negative, could they be wrong? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I've been married a little over 2 years but I've been sexually active with my husband for 4 years, we have never used birth control and I've always had a good period, until this month. My period was due on Feb24th.But didn't come. I waited a while to take the test, finally after the 12th...

Period 15 days late but negative tests [ 2 Answers ]

My period is now 15 days late & I've taken 5 pregnancy tests, all are negative but I have symptoms of pregnancy, for eg: exhaustion, nausea, lightheadedness, backache, cramps. Could I be pregnant? In 15 years, I have never missed a period or been more than 2 days late

7 days late but test was negative! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Im Lacey I'm 19 and been with my partner for the past 15 months. We have never used any protection mainly because I was under the thought I couldn't have children. Jus under 2 years before I met my partner I had a misscarriage I was very young, I just turned 16. I have had 3 stomach...

I am 5 days late, no symptoms, negative HPT. [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am on CD 36 right now, with 28 to 31 day cycles. I have never been this late. The thing is though is that Im not experiencing any symptoms besides some cramping and tiredness. Well, actually my breasts started hurting a little today, and some waves of nausea here and there. I took a...

View more questions Search