Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bgraz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2013, 12:54 PM
    My husband has had lower right abdominal pain for 2+ months.
    My husband has suffered with lower right abdominal pain for a little over 2 months. We have exhausted all medical avenues that we can think of. He has had 3 CT's, Abdominal Ultrasound, Colonoscopy, Bladder/Kidney Procedure, Normal x-rays all of these show nothing! Only 1 ct saw a small mass in the small intestine, but it was not there on the next ct.
    The pain does not radiate and stays 24/7 in the same place. Standing/Sitting/Lifting Right Leg/Walking etc causes intense pain. He is basically learning how to live with it. Our last appointment w/PCP was yesterday and he has scheduled an appt with a General Surgeon to see if he can possibly do some type of exploratory surgery!

We are so worried and feel helpless. The doctors only want to throw pain meds his way and send him home. He never complains, he is 42yrs old w/no other medical problems. I have prescriptions for pain meds that I am not even filling. We are not looking for more pain medication, just help and a diagnosis!

Can anyone help?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2013, 01:00 PM
    Hernia?
    bgraz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2013, 01:13 PM
    They have checked for Hernia & Prostate! No luck there either!
    Thank you!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 9, 2013, 02:17 PM
    What other medical problems does he have? Diabetes ? We can't diagnose here but can certainly direct you, but not knowing what other issues he has sort of ties our hands.

You mentioned the mass they found during the CTscan in his intestine that was not apparent in the next scan because it 'moved'. Well that is what masses do in our intestines !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower Abdominal Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I had my Appendix out November 2011, but I am having lower abdominal pain both sides. I have a history of ovarian cysts. Does this mean that I might have 2 ruptured cysts? What can I do? I am in serious pain.

Lower abdominal pain [ 1 Answers ]

I had severe pain in my left hip right after my menstraul period ended. Went on liquid diet for 3 1/2 days. Pain subsided a little on left, then started on right. Having difficulty moving bowels, but stool is soft. I feel like there something blocking my bowels and have strain to get it out. I also...

25 weeks pregnant with lower abdominal pain and lower back pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I have been having bad pain in my very lower abdomin that wraps the whole way around my back. I have tried laying in every position, a warm shower, extra fluid and tylenol. I can't get the pain to lessen. I have had a few contractions but nothing steady or...

Brown discharge with lower back pain and abdominal pain [ 0 Answers ]

Started 5 days after period and has been going on for 4 days now

Lower abdominal pain [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has been having lower abdominal pain for about 5 days now. He has had some dirreha and vomiting. He has also had a fever but I'm not sure how high it has been. He is feeling a little better today, but we are concerned that it could be diverticulitus. Is that what it sounds like to you or...

View more questions Search