Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    important Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 06:36 AM
    ITIN and credit history
    I have applied for an ITIN and should be getting it soon. Is it possible for me to start building my credit history?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 03:36 PM
    That is NOT the intent for the ITIN. It may be possible to use it for that, however.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

No credit. Need suggestions for selecting a credit card with low APR [ 2 Answers ]

Hai, I don't possess a credit card till now. I am planning to buy a car by applying loan. My friends advised me that if I pay my loan premium using a credit card, it would help building my credit history. They also told me to look for 0% APR (any such offer for the first year) or less APR to...

Confusion over Child tax credit with ITIN applied along with Tax returns for 1st time [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am Bala and I came to US last year April 2006 with my family. I came to US with H1B visa and my spouse and kid has H4. I am aware of the fact that I can claim Child tax credit if I have ITIN for my child. But since there is change is process that we can't apply for ITIN separately and...

How to get ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

Hai, My husband came to US in June 2006 in H1. I and my son came to US in November 2006 in H4. 1. What is the procedure for getting ITIN? 2. Should me and my son both apply for ITIN? 3. What are the documents that I should have so that I can apply for ITIN? 4. How long will it take...

Applying for ITIN for spouse while filing taxes & Child tax credit exemption [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am aftab and my wife and kid joined me in 2006, as they are on H4 they are not eligible for a SSN so I need to apply for an ITIN. Please explain the process as to Should I be sending my returns filled in manually along with the application for ITIN for my spouse and kid? Will the...

View more questions Search