Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drober2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2013, 10:45 PM
    Has he lost interest?
    Okay, so about a week and a half ago I met this really awesome guy and from the jump I decided I liked him a lot. He immediately texted and snap chatted me and we texted from morning to night every day for about 5 days. He would even double text me because I was trying to not come off too strong and I would sometimes not text him back. He came over about 3 days after we started talking and watched a movie with me. When he left he said, "Have a movie ready for when I come back!" He didn't try to kiss me or anything.

He always seem super interested in me. Soooooo... I finally gave up on pretending to be aloof and I put the same effort to talk to him as he did with me. Then he seemed to start acting aloof. Suddenly his jobs got in the way and I was always the one texting him. For two days we barely texted but I didn't mind because he snap chatted me when he could. I would even suggest hanging out and he would be hanging out with his friends. He said he would try to come meet me at parties/bars if he could but he never did. Almost 2 days ago I texted and snap chatted him. He read both and hasn't replied since.

So, my question is... has he lost interest? If so, how can I get it back? I know that he might be busy but, really? It takes about two seconds to shoot a text. He has time. My roommate seems to think he was super into me and is just taking my accessibility for granted. That he will eventually text me and when he does I should let it sit for a couple of days. To keep up the chase. Please help. I know, there's more fish in the sea. Whatever. I really LIKE HIM. Please help me fix this.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 9, 2013, 04:23 AM
    It's been 5 days that you've known each other. He could be chatting with someone else too. If he wants to get in touch with you he will. I would leave it alone. No game playing, that's childish.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 9, 2013, 07:51 AM
    I don't think that playing these games is worth anyone's valuable time. Not to mention the brain drain.

I think he's interested in the chase, and when he didn't have to chase anymore, he lost interest. You are the loser in this game of his.

To wait for him to contact you, and then play it cool again, will only start the game over. Do you really want to do that?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 9, 2013, 09:06 AM
    Who knows what lurks in the minds of a stranger. Don't worry about fixing anything, just carry on with your life and see what happens. You made up your mind early on, but you have no clue what's on his. NONE! So don't make plans or play games with this fellow.

His words and actions don't match so his interest is not as keen as yours. That's a red flag to back off and NOT chase in any way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think my girlfriend has lost interest in me. What should I do? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been going out for 8 months. We are seriously perfect for each other. In the beginning of the relationship we both were obsessed with each other, and I know you go through that honeymoon phase. She did tell me that she does not want to be a lovey dovey couple who is all...

My girlfriend lost interest in me. [ 6 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for about six months now. In the beginning, especially the first six weeks or so that we were together we'd have sex or play with each other practically whenever we were alone together. I wouldn't have to push her buttons either, she'd through herself at me all the...

I really like this girl, and she USE to like me too. But I think she lost interest [ 7 Answers ]

I think I took to long to ask her out so she became uninterested in me. She ignores my text messages more now. And she use to ask me to come with her to the mall a lot. And use to smile and laugh when she sees me and waves at me when she sees me. But now there's none of that. We don't really hang...

Has he lost interest? [ 13 Answers ]

So I met this guy through a friend and we hit it off pretty good, we pretty much texted constantly throughout the day and we both though each other was very cute. We have hung out three times so far and we've had fun together. Only one of the times we hung out just us two and immediately after our...

Lost interest in sex [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get my boyfriend to be interested in sex again? When we first started going out over a year ago, he was amazing. Then he just lost interest.

View more questions Search