Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wireneeder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2013, 09:43 PM
    How do I wire a 2 RH and W to a 3 honeywell which wire can I attach to get power
    Ok I have the 2 wire system and would like to add a wire to make a Honeywell or other thermostat work. Which wire connection can I get the power from? I will add an extra wire but need to know in the 2 wire system where to connect it?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2013, 07:49 PM
    You would need to come from the common side of the transformer. You could also make life simpler by getting a battery powered thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My water heater has no power to bottom element but the wire does wire [ 3 Answers ]

There is power to the wires on the top and bottom of the water heater. There is power to the element on the top. No power to bottom element. The reset button does not click. There is no hot water... the breaker switch is not tripped and the water heater is new... help! [email protected]

2001 prowler camper power cord, is black wire the hot wire? [ 1 Answers ]

2001 23ft. Prowler camper, the main power cord has three wires. Black, green and white. I need a new male plug on end, want to be positive black is hot, thanks much for the help, johnny.

How to wire 3 wire 2 zone cooling only to Honeywell thermostat [ 10 Answers ]

I currently have two zones for cooling only and the thermostat wires are red, blue and white. The red is labeled Rc which is easy, the white is labeled W Heat (this doesn't make sense to me) and the blue is labeled cool? What I think I need to do is connect the red to the Rc on the thermostat,...

Janitrol 7 wire to Honeywell RTH230B 5 wire [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a Janitrol digital thermostat. I can't read the model #. It has 8 terminals and 7 wires hooked up. Terminal - Color Y - Yellow Com - Blue R - Red G - Green w2 - Looks white E/w3 - Looks pink O - Orange B - Nothing

Switching from Trane (6-wire) to Honeywell (5-wire) [ 6 Answers ]

I am wanting to change from a Trane tstat (model TAYSTAT241) with six wires: Green to G1, Red to R, Blue to B, White to W1, Brown to W2, and yellow to Y1 to a Honeywell Programmable (RTH230B) with five connections: Rh to Rc (jumped), W, Y, G. I have a Trane XV90 (model # TXC031C4HPCO-1999). My...

View more questions Search