Ask
    chace_don_C Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2013, 08:21 PM
    What makes a person anti social?
    The question about sums it up
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 7, 2013, 08:23 PM
    No. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Is this person shy? Autistic? Mentally ill? Grew up in a vacuum?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 7, 2013, 08:24 PM
    This is a topic that truly can't be answered by your simple question alone. There are many reasons that would take pages to answer, from mental health issues, to bullying, to abuse.

In order to help you, you are going to have to help us by providing more information.

Oct 7, 2013, 11:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    This is a topic that truly can't be answered by your simple question alone. There are many reasons that would take pages to answer, from mental health issues, to bullying, to abuse.

In order to help you, you are going to have to help us by providing more information.
    Just the girls I'm seeing she's anti social and has been talking to a counselor for awhile apperently and that's what she said when I asked ifn there was a reason she's anti social she said yes and told me that but says she doesn't really want to talk about it

Oct 7, 2013, 11:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Is this person shy? autistic? mentally ill? grew up in a vacuum?
    Grew up in a vacuum... what?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chace_don_C View Post
    just the girls im seeing shes anti social and has been talking to a counselor for awhile apperently and thats what she said when i asked ifn there was a reason shes anti social she said yes and told me that but says she doesnt really wanna talk about it
    Well if she does not want to talk to you about it, that is her right. How old are you and how long has she been your girl friend. We can't tell you what her problems are.

Oct 8, 2013, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Well if she does not want to talk to you about it, that is her right. How old are you and how long has she been your girl friend. We can't tell you what her problems are.
    I know you can't tell me what her problems are specificly just wanted maybe an idea on why someone would be like this.. you know? And um we aren't dating yet but we do like each other and I'm 18 and she's 17
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 04:30 PM
    i know you can't tell me what her problems are specificly just wanted maybe an idea on why someone would be like this..you know? and um we aren't dating yet but we do like each other and im 18 and shes 17
    She's probably not anti-social, but more likely a-social, or has social anxiety. Anti-social is a serious diagnosis that would put her in an alternative school. An anti-social person probably wouldn't be interested in dating.

Oct 8, 2013, 05:01 PM
    She's probably not anti-social, but more likely a-social, or has social anxiety. Anti-social is a serious diagnosis that would put her in an alternative school. An anti-social person probably wouldn't be interested in dating.
    Hmm well she told me she was anti-social :/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 05:01 PM
    hmm well she told me she was anti-social :/
    And she defines that how?

Oct 8, 2013, 05:15 PM
    And she defines that how?
    What do you mean?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 05:21 PM
    what do you mean?
    *sigh*

How does she explain how she is antisocial?

Oct 8, 2013, 05:28 PM
    *sigh*

How does she explain how she is antisocial?
    She just isn't very talkative a lot of the time she isn't a big texter and tends to be very to her self and doesn't like talking about things a lot of the time and she's told me she's had a rough childhood or something like that
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 05:34 PM
    she just isnt very talkative alot of the time she isn't a big texter and tends to be very to her self and doesn't like talking about things alot of the time and shes told me shes had a rough childhood or something like that
    That's not antisocial.

Oct 8, 2013, 06:49 PM
    That's not antisocial.
    Well she said she is not me
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 06:56 PM
    well she said she is not me
    Then she has no idea what being antisocial means, which isn't a surprise. That's a very hard diagnosis to make. I doubt very much that a child could make that diagnosis on herself.

She probably means that she's had a hard time in life, and because of that she's not as social as everyone else. That doesn't mean she's been diagnosed as antisocial.

Bottom line, we can't tell you why she is the way she is. She's seeing a counselor, and doesn't want to discuss this with you. So respect her privacy. Just because you want to know why, doesn't mean you have the right to invade her privacy. If she wanted you to know, she'd tell you.

Oct 8, 2013, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Then she has no idea what being antisocial means, which isn't a surprise. That's a very hard diagnosis to make. I doubt very much that a child could make that diagnosis on herself.

She probably means that she's had a hard time in life, and because of that she's not as social as everyone else. That doesn't mean she's been diagnosed as antisocial.

Bottom line, we can't tell you why she is the way she is. She's seeing a counselor, and doesn't want to discuss this with you. So respect her privacy. Just because you want to know why, doesn't mean you have the right to invade her privacy. If she wanted you to know, she'd tell you.
    I'm not invading her privacy I do respect she doesn't want to tell me that's why I haven't bugged her about it I asked her and she said that and I let it be...
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 08:48 PM
    im not invading her privacy i do respect she doesn't want to tell me that's why i haven't bugged her about it i asked her and she said that and i let it be...
    No, she said that and then you went to a public site and asked about her because she wouldn't tell you. That's invading her privacy, in public! So you really don't respect when she tells you it's none of your business. Not at all.

Oct 8, 2013, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    No, she said that and then you went to a public site and asked about her because she wouldn't tell you. That's invading her privacy, in public! So you really don't respect when she tells you it's none of your business. Not at all.
    Omg I wasn't asking about her problems specifically I was asking what makes a person anti social and didn't ask for people to tell me why she specifically is anti-social
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 09:02 PM
    omg i wasn't asking about her problems specifically i was asking what makes a person anti social and didn't ask for people to tell me why she specifically is anti-social
    That makes no sense! Read what you just posted. You were asking what makes a person anti social, not why she's anti social. Same thing!

If she doesn't want you to know, leave it alone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a little worried about my little bro - he's becoming anti-social lately. [ 4 Answers ]

He's never been THAT outgoing but progressively through his 4 years of high school he's gotten worse. He's 17 now and the situation has gotten really bad. He never goes out, does nothing, never talks to anyone, doesn't seem to have any friends. He even used to have a beautiful and caring girlfriend...

It's my fault my cat is anti social [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have had our cat a year and no one has ever come over our house, the cat doesn't know anyone but us two. He is afraid of outside(which is good) but hides from other people except us two. This is my problem. I am moving in with my parents for 6 months and taking the cat to their...

Feelings for my Gay?/Anti-Social? Friend [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all- This may seem dumb, but I have NO idea what about this guy at my school. We have been aquaintances for two years and taken many classes together. We have had deep conversations about many things, and though we do not always understand I walk away feeling fulfilled. We always have great...

Anti-social cat? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have a cat her name is minnie. She is a calico, and will be 2years old in septmeber. She is fixed, up to date on all her shots & checkups. Okay, the situation is Minnie was found outside when she was a baby. About 2months old i believe. She has always been such a love, played well with my...

View more questions Search