Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StopKatieTime Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2013, 09:47 AM
    How do I calm down my kitten?
    I have a crazy kitten who is bent on using me as a scratching post. Any ideas on calming him down before my best friend arrives? She's coming in a few hours and Joey can stay psychotic for a lot longer than that.

Help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 7, 2013, 10:00 AM
    You do have a couple of scratching posts for him to use, and you've show him how to use them? Kittens experiment with how different surfaces feel as they run around and be kittenlike. My drapes and furniture were clawed by a kitten my son got from a friend's cat's litter. Once the kitten grew up a little more, he stopped doing that, especially once he realized the scratching posts were more fun. (The scratching posts are parts of a cat condo and a cat tree.)

Of course, you won't hit or spank him (he won't have a clue why you are hurting him) and you won't be mean to him, right?

You are maybe 11 or 12?
    StopKatieTime Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2013, 10:54 AM
    I am twelve and I would never think of hurting him. He does have a few scratching posts that he's used before, but I don't think he is trying to find something to scratch I think he is attempting to find something to hunt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calm me down [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any thing I can take to calm me down. I am very stressed out and feel like something bad is going to happen all the time. Something natural is preferred. I do not do well with medications. Please advise, thanks.

Male cat acting kitten to male kitten after bringing kitten home neutered. [ 1 Answers ]

I have three cats, Microchip, Monk and Minx. Microchip and Minx are 1+ years old and fixed. Monk is about 6 months old. All of our cats used to get along well. They'd sleep all huddled together. The two males were very close. Micro would groom Monk, play with him, and was inseparable. We took Monk...

How do calm down my girlfriend ? [ 34 Answers ]

All the crying g/f threads were merged We were watching the weather last night and we heard there was a tornado heading towards our state which is Ohio and we live in a trailer and she sat down and started crying because she's scared of tornados and she's afraid she might loose me and her...

How to calm my dog down [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 4 mth old lab and I'm trying to calm her down how do I calm her down

School is almost here and I need something to calm me down [ 8 Answers ]

I'm freaking so badly. :( This is my last year in middle school so I'm freaking about how when 8th grade is over I'm going to high school. Another reason is mostly because my classes are advance and are very hard and they'll be time consuming and I'm very slow at learing thingss so I'm afarid...

View more questions Search