Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Claire58 Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Oct 7, 2013, 03:03 AM
    Fatherless boys and relationships
    I had an ex whose dad died when he was 4, so he and his older brother practically grew up
    Without a father. Throughout our relationship he seemed to tell his mother everything about us, even about our fights, and I would only find out if his mother offhandedly mentioned it and tried to give me advice on how to please or placate 'your man'. I found it irritating that he would do that. I told him that we shld fix our problems ourselves and not run telling our parents about it. But he just cldnt keep a secret from his mother. One time we had a problem that he could have easily kept to himself, but he insisted to my face that his mother had to know, apparently to him, the problem was just too much for him to handle alone. He wouldn't speak to me until his mom got back from her vacation so he could tell her. That eventually led to us breaking up. But I wanted to know if this attachment to his mother was just as a result of never having a dad, or are some boys just born 'mama's boys'?
    mashiat Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2013, 01:41 AM
    It's good to be a mama's boy, if you still feel irritated, you can talk to your bf's mother and tell her that you don't like you personal matters to be shared with others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopt a fatherless child [ 3 Answers ]

How can I adopt my girlfriends 6yr old daughter when the father is around but doesn't acknowledge the child is his and has never had contact with the child?

Relationships with boys [ 1 Answers ]

I really like this boy but he hardly notices me I really want to go out someone help :confused::eek:??

Fatherless Woman [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 26 years old and she has never met her father. Well, after years of researching and about $10,000 we have located him (he is Nigerian and was in and out of the country). She called him on the phone and he basically told her he wanted nothing to do with her. Well, he has never paid...

Fatherless child! [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old and her Father (birth certificate signer) hasn't had anything to do w/ her since she was 5 months old. When we were together we were off and on. We lost 2 baby's before my daughter was born, and he knew this last time there was a possibility that he may not be the dad. He...

Fatherless child [ 3 Answers ]

Can a man who has signed a birth certificate relinquish his parental rights to the child including child support. He makes no effort to be in the child's life and I see no reason to have any ties whatsoever with him. He is an alcoholic and wanted me to have an abortion when we found out she was...

View more questions Search