Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    askmehd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 02:28 AM
    Access 2 network from single comp
    I have a redhat 9 with 2 network card.I want to access this computer from 2 different network.will I be ableto connect to this system if I plug cables of both the network in different network card with some static ip??

Regards
    Kh
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 29, 2007, 04:16 AM
    If you are trying to connect to the system directly from the same network then the answer is yes. For example, if you have 10.0.0.10/255.255.255.0 for one NIC and 192.168.0.10/255.255.255.0 for the other NIC then you can connect to this machine from any system on 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0 and 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0.

If on the other hand you are trying to connect to this machine from another network entirely then chances are that you can only get to this machine from one NIC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How come single men fall for emtional games from single women but not married ones? [ 75 Answers ]

Okay this was brought up in another post by Wildcat. I didn’t want to take away from the original poster but this has been on my mind all day and I just want to get some other feedback on it. The OP was a mistress and as WC points out we’ve been seeing a lot of that here lately. Here’s what WC...

Network Access Issue [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for suggestions here. I have a home network that includes two desktops and two laptops all running XP of various flavors. I also have to NAS storage devices, one that uses special software and one that does not. The desktops and NAS devices connect to an 8-port switch which then connects to...

Network access to one shared printer has failed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a windows network. Computers are Win98SE #1, Win98SE #2, XPsr2 #1 and XP sr2#2. I have USB printers attached to 98SE #1 and XPsr2 #1. Printers are shared. System in place for approx. 2yrs and has worked fine. About 3 weeks ago XPsr2 #1 had difficulty accessing the printer on Win98Se #1....

How to view single record of ALL people at single address? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a table with addresses and names. I can easily sort it by address to see all the people living at the same address grouped together. However, this is problematic with mail-merges, since I wind up generating a new letter for each person, sending multiple mailings to the same residence. ...

View more questions Search