Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hattrickba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2013, 08:19 PM
    Toilet only seems to flush completely down about everyother to evry third flush
    When I flush the toilet, it only flushes completely down every other flush to every third flush, how can I fix this?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2013, 08:45 PM
    Make sure water level in tank is proper, 1/2-1" below fill tube. Make sure the flapper is opening all the way, chain should just have a little slack. Watch tank as water drains. Bleach or blue tablet blocking drain hole? Flapper staying up long enough?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet will not flush completely [ 26 Answers ]

Hi, I had just found this forum and this is my first post. My elderly parents live in a 2 story old home with two bathrooms, one on each floor. The toilet on the ground level flushes fine. The one upstairs will not flush solids without filling up a bucket of water and emptying it in the toilet....

My toilet will not completely flush [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My toilet will not completely flush. I have to stand there and hold the handle down and still sometimes it will not get rid of everything in the toilet bowl. I have adjusted the chain so that it has almost no slack at all. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for any help you may be...

Toilet will not flush completely [ 14 Answers ]

Installed a new toilet in the basement, it was preplumbed for the shower, sink, and toilet when house was built (in 1986?). Toilet will not completely remove solid waste without flushing it several times and also has to be plunged, in addition, sometimes before it all goes down and toilet works...

Toilet does not completely flush [ 6 Answers ]

I have a basement toilet and also a septic system. When flushed, the toilet fills almost to the top and then goes down like it normally would, but does not completely empty. Looks like a small water funnel twisting around, but just does not make that final "burp" as the water fully leaves. Have...

Toilet will not completely flush [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced all the insides of my toilet, now when I flush I have to hold the handle down until all the water runs out of the bowl. If not almost as soon as I let the handle go the flapper will cover up the hole that drains the water into the bowl. I know this is easily fixable, but I don't...

View more questions Search