Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2007, 12:59 AM
    A few things I want to point out
    I would like to begin this post by first saying that God created everyone in his image and He created us all EQUAL. So I just think everyone has the right to express their beliefs in everything including and especially the spiritual aspect. So my point being that if you all agree that we have this right, then why is it that I see christians and only christians being constantly attacked by a group of extreme anti christians. Just because you don't agree with me about something that the bible says or something, that does not ultimately give you the right for verbal attacks targeting specifically christians and their beliefs. Personally, I personally have something's to say about what other religions has to say about their spiritual deity and the way they do something's but ultimately I am not the judge of things because God i.e. Jesus is and I just want to make one thing clear: That if you disagree with something, then please do not start making jokes and laugh about what people believe or writing pages and pages worth of nothing but unconstructive accusations and hatred. Hope you guys can read this and understand what I am saying.

For examples of what I mean refer the many votes about Christianity on this site.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 29, 2007, 06:02 AM
    This site has specific guidelines about what can and cannot be said. If you feel a post has violated those guidelines, then feel free to use the Report Inappropriate Post option (upper right corner).

The mods on this site take those guidelines very seriously.

But be aware that religion is a very hot topic. Too frequently a diagreement with someone's beliefs is seen as an attack on them.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2007, 06:39 AM
    No one is saying you aren't entitled to your belief but its just that, its your belief and it remains so and should not be forced up on others no matter what.
    If you post things regarding your belief in other topics that aren't religion related I'm afraid you are asking for trouble in the sense you are stating.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by avenger9000
    I would like to begin this post by first saying that God created everyone
    Hello again, avenger:

I'd like to begin my post by first telling you that you're wrong. I'll end it that way too.

excon
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Mar 29, 2007, 08:33 AM
    I almost never see anyone being "made fun of" or "laughed at" because of their beliefs. And to be honest, when an unreasonable post like that is made, it's only a matter of time before the mods catch it and remove it.

Maybe I don't understand what you mean... but as far as I am concerned: Someone who disagrees with you and tells you why, is not attacking you; Someone that doesn't want to convert to your religion, is not attacking you; Someone that asks you not to preach religious beliefs in non-religious subject matters, is not attacking you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2007, 09:23 AM
    I guess I have to question what in the world you are talking about, I checked to see what posts you have replied to, and you have not even posted on religion, most were in dating or relationship type things.
    If you have any specific issues, as noted please use the report function.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Mar 29, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Hi avenger9000

You stated that everyone has the right to their own beliefs. Well, then people will exercise that right. I am a christian, and I have gotten my share of ridicule in life for that, but not on this site. If people are making fun of you just remember the beatitudes. Especially: " Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad for your reward will be great in heaven."
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2007, 08:06 PM
    "10 Posts celebrations!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I finally made it over 10 posts!!! go me!!! anyway these past 10 posts have seen some very helpful advice from a lot of people thanx!!! To celebrate, I have decided that to share with you the one thing that everyone that doesnt know needs to know about and that one thing is Jesus and how you can have a relationship with him.
    "

This quote is from his posting in member discussions here, and a couple of postings that followed is what avenger is speaking about. You all can blame me. And, I am not apologizing for what I have said.

Avenger, I have no problem with people having a friendly religious debate or discussion. You will find many of them on this web site under the religion that it pertains to. Unfortunately, your post was neither a religious discussion nor a debate, and I do have a bone to pick with all posts here that are in that vein. What you and others have done is called proselytizing. I am not directly attacking Christianity or Jesus Christ. I am attacking yours, and others, methods.

If a poster states that they are Catholic and raised in a religious household, and they are having a problem in their marriage, I do not tell them that they should accept Allah (or any other deity that is not Jesus) as their God, and praying to Allah will solve their problems. I ask them if they have a priest in their lives that they can speak with and confide in. Why would I suggest anything else to them? Isn't that what you would want from me if you were having a life problem?

The reason you see Christians attacked and seemingly no other religions, is because no one from any other religion has done what a few Christians have attempted to do here. I saw a post from a Christian tell an Indian woman who made it clear that she was brought up in a traditional way (Hindu, Buddism, Sikhism,. ), and who was looking for constructive advice to a marriage problem, that she needed to (a little out of context here but, essentially correct) accept Jesus and pray to him and He will solve her problems.

Certain Christians cannot see past their own beliefs and understand that this is inappropriate. Yes, you are entitled to your own beliefs. Just as that lady is entitled to hers and it should have been respected.

If you want to talk about the Bible, or your beliefs, then start a thread in which you say you would like to welcome people to a discussion. NOT, a thread stating that everyone needs to know about Jesus and how everyone can have a relationship with him.

I am not Christian and I find it very insulting that someone would suggest that I need to know about Jesus and have a relationship with him. I have many good friends who are Christian and religious. They respect my beliefs and would never make an attempt to convert me. I respect their beliefs and would never suggest that they need to have a relationship with my God. What you and a few others here are attempting is to perform an online conversion and I find THAT inappropriate. Not your beliefs. Do you understand at all what I am saying here?

I know Fr Chuck and Wangdoodle understand what I am saying, along with a number of other people here on this forum who are Christians. They are sensitive to the fact that there are other religions and belief structures in this world and would not impose their own beliefs onto someone else as the answer to their problems.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Mar 29, 2007, 08:31 PM
    I understood you completely Ruby. I've been on this site for a short while and the reason I keep coming back is that I see people giving honest answers to good questions. I haven't seen any personal attacks. The diversity on this site is great!:)

Mar 30, 2007, 02:08 AM
    I am not imposing anything on anyone unlike what a lot of you have suggested...

I am just doing my job. As Jesus said, go and make disciples of all nations...

And as a part of student life where eveyrone basically does what I do some a lot more than me. And If you have a look at the post 10 Post celebrations under member discussions, you will see there a some people making fun of christianity...

Me trying my hardest to convey the message of salvation instead results in people rejecting it as pushy I don't understand why they are doing this...

Well at least I can be satisfied with that verse about other people's insults and my great reward in heaven... what's that verse say again *checks Bible*
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 02:12 AM
    It's pushing your belief that others dislike we all have choices and are able to make them ourselves we don't need anything or anyone to tell us what they should be.

Mar 30, 2007, 02:15 AM
    I am not trying to do that... I have been trained and I know what pushing my beliefs onto others is... and here is the post I was referring to from Ruby:

"I had a relationship with Jesus once. It didn't work out. He spent way too much of his time putting everyone else's needs above mine. He just couldn't give me the attention and committment I needed at the time. *sigh*

We are talking about Jesus Sanchez aren't we?"

So you think this is acceptable?? Well OK I give up I quit! Does that make eveyrone happy?
    I hope it does because I freakiing quit!! I will shut up if it makes you all happy.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 02:18 AM
    Hehehehehe throwing your rattle out the pram like that won't get you any good attention only bad, it's the qoutes sweety that people get annoyed at and see it as preeching and that's when you will get attacked for it especially when its not within the religion boards do you see what I'm saying?

Mar 30, 2007, 02:21 AM
    Well all of my christian friends and my colleagues from student life all agree that I am doing the right thing and they have been christians way longer than I have some for their entire lifes and the oldest is like 40 something so I don't know what some of you guys are on about...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2007, 02:22 AM
    I am just doing my job. As Jesus said, go and make disciples of all nations...
    You can leave your job at home, this is not the place to convert people. I personally believe in the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster, his noodly appendage has touched me in ways you can only imagine, but I don't try to convert people - it annoys them.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 02:24 AM
    well all of my christian friends and my colleagues from student life all agree that I am doing the right thing and they have been christians way longer than I have some for their entire lifes and the oldest is like 40 something so I dont know what some of you guys are on about...
    Its exactly that people have choice if we want to be converted we will we don't need to have it rammed down our necks just don't expect others to except your beliefs when you come on so strong.

Mar 30, 2007, 02:27 AM
    Fine... I won't then what do you want me to do then
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 02:29 AM
    Be yourself enjoy the site leave the preeching at the door of the boards other than the religion ones where there appreciated

Mar 30, 2007, 02:29 AM
    Also I never said u had to believe in what I said,, but its just not acceptable making jokes about it you could have just told me hey you know I don't believe in that and it would have been cool. But just not jokes and personal attacks you know
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Im not attacking you or making any kind of joke if you really think so then I think you are extremely mislead trust me if I was you would know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break-even Point [ 1 Answers ]

How much will profits increase for every unit sold over the break-even point?

The best needle point [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best needle point kit

Zero Point Energy [ 3 Answers ]

What is the largest amount of energy that has been extracted so far directly from the vaccuum of space in ZPE experiments? For more info see: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Zero+Point+Energy

Melting point [ 3 Answers ]

Given that the melting point of water at 218 atm is 1.61 Celsius degree,what is the melting point of water at 0.5 atm? :) Can anyone show me step by step for the calculation? :D Thanks a lot to anyone who help me to solve the problem.your help is most appreciated. :) :)

View more questions Search