Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iscorpio Posts: 124, Reputation: 17

Apr 7, 2007, 09:59 PM
    I am spiritual but not religious, each and everyone of us are our own church, if we wish to pray we can do it anywhere and anytime we don't need scripts, just our own private words from our hearts, we don't need to quote this or that or even mention religion, that is where you go wrong, religion causes wars, let everyone be of their own opinion and have their own views, who has the right to say who is right or who is wrong, who dare judge who? Everyone is equal they entered this world with nothing and will leave the same way. People know religion is there, it is private or should be, why quote verses like so many christians do, I was brought up a catholic am no longer one, why? Because I rebelled and why because I was brainwashed. As I said religion is something that is personal and should not be up for discussion or thrust down others throats. You I am sure are a great person but please no more jesus says, we all know what jesus says save that for your own church. Take care, love and peace anne x
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 13, 2007, 02:30 AM
    Thing is, I've been on this board a couple of months now, and it always seems to be Christians talking about their God and Jesus. I've yet to see a Jew / Muslim / Hare Krishna / Jedi speak up and say "Well because I'm a ... my God says you should live your life this way!"

Anyway, this thread does make good reading!
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Aug 22, 2007, 11:19 PM
    Well Jesus = God, so all you needed was mention Jesus or God, since they are the samething pretty much...

yeah thought I'd let you know

'I and the Father are one"
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Aug 23, 2007, 11:04 AM
    To you, they are one. BUt to others, it may not be their belief, understanding ,or religion. If someone disagrees with your perspective, you view it as an attack, however if you impose your beliefs on others and you tell them your way is the truth, they feel attacked. If you are interested in understanding how others think , than you will find that here and you will broaden your awareness of the difference in others. Not only cultural, but religious and spiritual and personal. This is not a bad thing. NOthing is wrong with disagreeing with you, as nothing is wrong with you for not agreeing with those who believe different. Part of what you want to do is spread the word of Jesus and the teachings of Christ. NOt everyone believes in Jesus, so that message may not get through. HOWEVER< YOu don't have to preach the bible or religion to do that. YOu can spread the word by living a life of compassion, love and understanding. Part of that is not judging others. YOu will find more joy and affect more people that way, than by imposing your beliefs on others and expecting them to agree. Go to spirituality and look at the posts about "Atheists do not believe, how is that?" Maybe you will understand more about the vast differences, ideas, beliefs and thoughts on that. This is a site where everyone can give their opinion or perspective, but not one where attacking others is tolerated. If people make jokes or say things that you feel are hateful, than don't engage in any further conversation with them. That is a sign of immaturity on their part. However, maybe you should be able to look at what they say and not take it as personal, as well. Good luck..
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by avenger9000
    Well Jesus = God, so all you needed was mention Jesus or God, since they are the samething pretty much...

yeah thought I'd let you know

'I and the Father are one"
    I cannot accept the theory that Jesus=God as I am a muslim and believes Jesus to be a messenger from the Almighty and they cannot be One in my belief and faith.
    Just thought I would clear that, it is not everyone's thinking that Jesus has to =God.

About your original statement.
    I do not agree it is just Christians, people do not agree with or make unjust remarks about, I have seen many on Islam, but I am the one to correct misconception people have of my religion not to further the argument by name calling.
    Or making hateful remarks.
    Just because I believe in something does not mean others will necessarily see the same thing, some will while others will not.
    And any who believe in an Almighty,Most Merciful God knows that it is not for us to change anyone to a believer, but it is the mercy of the Almighty that anyone starts believing, it is up to us only to remind if the reminder benefits,
    not to judge and say so and so will be in Hell, as I cannot guarantee whether my position will be in Heaven or Hell, it is by the Mercy of the Almighty that will admit me to Heaven.
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Well then how good do you have to be for Almighty to admit you into heaven?

Or in other words if

0 ___________________ 100%

I have a line here with 0 at one end and 100% at the other. If 0 represent pure evil, and 100% is perfection, then where do you have to be to get into heaven??
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 10:44 PM

Or in other words if

I have a line here with 0 at one end and 100% at the other. If 0 represent pure evil, and 100% is perfection, then where do you have to be to get into heaven???
    Is this a trick question? It must be.. Some sort of riddle?

I'm guessing the line (_____________).

Like a flat line. Meaning your dead. It's a tough one this one...

Am I right? Is that it? Do I win a prize??
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2007, 01:44 AM

Or in other words if

I have a line here with 0 at one end and 100% at the other. If 0 represent pure evil, and 100% is perfection, then where do you have to be to get into heaven???
    As I said humans do not admit us into heaven but the Almighty and He has set the standard to judge not me.
    And this judgement cannot be measured in human 100% measurements.
    Sometimes some people do evil most of their life without knowing or understanding their Creator but suddenly they see light and start obeying the Almighty as He should be and this person's bad deeds maybe forgiven for his repentance and staying away from previous sins as well as new ones .
    While there are others who do the prescribed acts of worship by limbs,but he/she may not be truly faithful to the Almighty in his/her heart and this cannot be seen by humans to judge.

So if you ask me the percentage, I would say no one can be 100% perfect except the Almighty, humans do wrong but the most successful are those that repent,ask for the Mercy of the Alimighty,love and fear the Almighty.
    (Disclaimer:The "He" I have used in my post does not mean I am talking about a male or female God... )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break-even Point [ 1 Answers ]

How much will profits increase for every unit sold over the break-even point?

The best needle point [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best needle point kit

Zero Point Energy [ 3 Answers ]

What is the largest amount of energy that has been extracted so far directly from the vaccuum of space in ZPE experiments? For more info see: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Zero+Point+Energy

Melting point [ 3 Answers ]

Given that the melting point of water at 218 atm is 1.61 Celsius degree,what is the melting point of water at 0.5 atm? :) Can anyone show me step by step for the calculation? :D Thanks a lot to anyone who help me to solve the problem.your help is most appreciated. :) :)

View more questions Search