Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Mar 30, 2007, 02:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by avenger9000
    I am not imposing anything on anyone unlike what a lot of you have suggested...

I am just doing my job. As Jesus said, go and make disciples of all nations...

and as a part of student life where eveyrone basically does what I do some a lot more than me. And If you have a look at the post 10 Post celebrations under member discussions, you will see there a some people making fun of christianity...

Me trying my hardest to convey the message of salvation instead results in people rejecting it as pushy I dont understand why they are doing this...

Well at least I can be satisfied with that verse about other people's insults and my great reward in heaven... whats that verse say again *checks Bible*
    If its your job to preach YOUR beliefs to others THAT are not requesting wanting your preaching -- you are imposing YOUR religious view, And its will be refuted by others -- but stay on your poor pitiful me trip -- Savage
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2007, 05:33 AM

and as a part of student life where eveyrone basically does what I do some a lot more than me. And If you have a look at the post 10 Post celebrations under member discussions, you will see there a some people making fun of christianity...

Me trying my hardest to convey the message of salvation instead results in people rejecting it as pushy I dont understand why they are doing this...

Well at least I can be satisfied with that verse about other people's insults and my great reward in heaven... whats that verse say again *checks Bible*
    We have had this discussion in several other threads. I understand that you feel your interpretation of the bible makes it your "job" to try and convince others that your beliefs are the right way. But that IS imposing your beliefs on others. A great deal of harm has been done by Christians following this doctrine in the history of the world.

My philosophy is everyone has the right to do what they want up to but NOT including interfering with someone else's right to do what they want. By trying to convert people (and that's what making disciples means), you are interfering with others rights.

As long as you continue to do that, you will make people angry at you. You are belitting their beliefs in expounding your own. You are showing disdain and disrespect for others. Until and unless you come to understand that, you will encounter the same problems throughout your life.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 05:56 AM
    I am not trying to do that... I have been trained and I know what pushing my beliefs onto others is... and here is the post I was referring to from Ruby:

"I had a relationship with Jesus once. It didn't work out. He spent way too much of his time putting everyone else's needs above mine. He just couldn't give me the attention and committment I needed at the time. *sigh*

We are talking about Jesus Sanchez aren't we?"

so you think this is acceptable??? well ok I give up I quit! does that make eveyrone happy?
    I hope it does coz I freakiing quit!!! I will shut up if it makes you all happy.

Yes, it makes me happy. Thank you very much. I appreciate your working with me on this.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    By trying to convert people (and thats what making disciples means), you are interfering with others rights.

As long as you continue to do that, you will make people angry at you. You are belitting their beliefs in expounding your own. You are showing disdain and disrespect for others. Until and unless you come to understand that, you will encounter the same problems throughout your life.
    Ahhh, Scotty, you have such a wonderful way with words and of getting right to the crux of a problem. Warms the little cockles of my heart.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Im not attacking you or making any kind of joke if you really think so then i think you are extremely mislead trust me if i was you would know.
    CBW - You have made excellent points here. All very true.

Avenger - If you wish to be heard, you do not have to scream ;) , or force feeding, not saying you were, but good rules to follow.

Curlybenswife has given very good advice here.

Sometimes loving actions are more noticeable then words.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Yes, Avenger, please listen to Allheart.

She is always nice to me even when I am rude. She is truly All Heart. She understands that I am can be an arse at times. She ignores that side of me. I love her for that.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Awww Ruby - No -
    Hey, we all have an arse side - otherwise how could any of us sit down:confused:

Here, this should keep you busy ;) And It's even heart shaped :)

kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2007, 08:08 AM

so you think this is acceptable??? well ok I give up I quit! does that make eveyrone happy?
    I hope it does coz I freakiing quit!!! I will shut up if it makes you all happy.
    Um... nobody said evangelism was easy or that you'd get a pat on your back for it.

This is a public forum. People are entitled to disagree... and in ways others might find offensive to their faith.

Again, nobody said evangelism was easy... as my cousin says "way to ruin easter, Jesus"

(and if you don't get it, that is sarcasm from a religious man)

Mar 30, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Here, this should keep you busy ;) And It's even heart shaped :)
    Are you hinting that Ruby is going from the frying pan to the fire? :D
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 08:12 AM
    No she's not Scott. I know exactly what she means and it has nothing to do with this thread. Check out Looney Bin.

Thank you Allheart, my dear one. Quite kind of you to help me out with that. LOL. Do you think monkey will fit into it?
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 08:17 AM
    LOL Scott - Oh my - sorry all.

It's from another thread. Ruby has been having a craving for monkey meat and found one, but just can't seem to catch the ever elusive monkey. She's been flying around here, with frying pan in hand. Thought maybe a heart shaped one would do the trick :)

Sorry guys :) - didn't mean to leave anyone out.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    No she's not Scott. I know exactly what she means and it has nothing to do with this thread. Check out Looney Bin.

Thank you Allheart, my dear one. Quite kind of you to help me out with that. LOL. Do you think monkey will fit into it?

LOL - Nope. I don't think he will fit. Oh poor Monkey. Better just leave him in his lace then LOL.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Heehee. Okay. Love my little monkey boy.

Mar 30, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Hmmm, craving for monkey meat. Is Capuchin involved in this in anyway? Aren't we getting too kinky <eg>.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Yes Scott, Cappy is involved here. Kinky? Hmmm. My. I just don't have a clue where your mind is on this. Heehee.

Oh, Allheart! ROFLMAO.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Mar 30, 2007, 04:46 PM

I hope you don't think I'm coming down on you. I think it's great you want to spread the message of salvation. What I am saying is that there is a time and place. That's all. Please don't quit. Go hang out in the Christian forum, when someone posts a questions, do your best to answer from your perspective.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Wangdoodle, very wise and excellent advice indeed!
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Mar 30, 2007, 10:26 PM
    I think that the best witness for Christ is the one about whom others ask:

"What is it about that guy..? What makes him different?"

They ask these types of questions because they "see" Christ inside you.

Continue living in a way that allows Jesus to shine through you and those who need His love will come to you with all the questions your heart desires to answer.

Be a strong witness by making friends, giving encouragement, letting someone know that you care, sharing a smile, giving your time, etc.

Lead by example.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2007, 01:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rudi_in
    I think that the best witness for Christ is the one about whom others ask:

"What is it about that guy..? What makes him different?"

They ask these types of questions because they "see" Christ inside you.

Continue living in a way that allows Jesus to shine through you and those who need His love will come to you with all the questions your heart desires to answer.

Be a strong witness by making friends, giving encouragement, letting someone know that you care, sharing a smile, giving your time, etc.

Lead by example.
    Rudy - I agree with this 100%. Well said. There are those that you can just see Jesus and the love of God shining through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break-even Point [ 1 Answers ]

How much will profits increase for every unit sold over the break-even point?

The best needle point [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best needle point kit

Zero Point Energy [ 3 Answers ]

What is the largest amount of energy that has been extracted so far directly from the vaccuum of space in ZPE experiments? For more info see: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Zero+Point+Energy

Melting point [ 3 Answers ]

Given that the melting point of water at 218 atm is 1.61 Celsius degree,what is the melting point of water at 0.5 atm? :) Can anyone show me step by step for the calculation? :D Thanks a lot to anyone who help me to solve the problem.your help is most appreciated. :) :)

View more questions Search