Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shipran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2013, 10:11 AM
    Free immigration questions
    Do I have to be in US physically for 3 months before applying N400 ?
    I am having a valid N470 and will it not cover the above requirement?
    Will the physical presence be re-calculated at the time of interview and
    Oath? Both Physical Presence & Continuous Residence requirement have been met while applying N400.
    Since I'll be working abroad with N470, I cannot stay in US to keep up with my physical presence even after filing N400.
    I've been maintaining my residence in US by paying all bills-utility,phone etc for many years after I became LTP and have not changed my address since then.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 5, 2013, 12:15 PM
    You cannot file N-400 when you are physically outside US.
    shipran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2013, 03:25 PM
    Is the reply on this thread by an attorney at GotcherLaw firm is wrong?
    Applying for N-400 while working abroad on approved N-470 and REP - Immigration Information Discussion Forum

My question was Can I file N400 once I came back to US from abroad provided both physical & continuous residency requirements are met? OR Do I have to stay in US and complete 3 months before filing N400? Note that I've an approved N470 and working from abroad for an US company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free immigration questions [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently working in the US under h1-b visa and need to go to my residency country to do the interview for my new E-1 visa my big dilemma is that I have a son he is 12 years old, the US visa web info say that children under the age of 14 no need to be participate in the interview,...

Ask immigration questions free [ 0 Answers ]

I am a student in Malaysia currently sitting for my final foundation semester this month.my visa expires in the next two month.there were notice signs in my university stating that if the visa is expiring in the next two months we needed to pas it up for visa renewal,I did and the international...

Free immigration questions [ 1 Answers ]

My working autorization has being removed and am told to process everything again,but ma work is demanding for it,so can I get a note for them to get ma work back?

Immigration questions free [ 0 Answers ]

Helllo Everyone ! Myself Pallavi lived in Ahmedabad. I have apply for IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE ( I 130) on date of 20th December 2006 ( 20-12-2006 ). And Date of Visa petition Approved is 3rd June 2009 ( 03-06-2009 ) . I have 2 children . At petition time both Age...

Ask immigration questions free? [ 0 Answers ]

I've been mirried to my wife for 1 year and 5 month... Right now I only have the two years green card. Now she's telling me she don't want to help me in getting the green card for me. She sended a letter to immigration saying we are not together that she felted use. What can I do to get my green...

View more questions Search