Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaryJaney101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2013, 09:57 AM
    Abusive brother
    Hello, I am 15 and my brother is 16.. Just an hour ago he attacked me(physically) this is what happend: he got home, I was watching TV and he asked me of I unplugged his laptop, I said yes(but I was going tell him that I knew I unplugged it but by accident and I didn't know where the cord went in so I left it) before I could tell him this he started shouting and telling me to shut up, and I was fed up of him doing things like that to me so I told him to stop talking and to let me finish, but he got really angry and started pushinge then I just left the room shouting then I went to my room and then I could hear him shouting and coming towards my side and before I could lock my door he bursts in a starts hitting me and pushed me to the wall and I hit my head, now there's blood on the wall where I hit my head what should I do? How do I live with someone like this? Please help. And about my head it's killing me what should I do,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 5, 2013, 10:09 AM
    Report this to one of your parents and show him or her the blood on the wall and your head wound.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 5, 2013, 10:10 AM
    Have you considered telling your parents about his behavior? This is not acceptable at all.
    MaryJaney101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Have you considered telling your parents about his behavior? This is not acceptable at all.
    I have but it always ends up being my fault my parents don't abuse me, they just don't care that much about what happens to me, my dad's out if the country most of the time and my mom works from 7 in the moring till late at night(not because she has to, but because she wants to she owns her own business) so no one has really been there for me, they treat my brother like a prince (in terms of his attitude towards everything, he failed his GCSE's and they where pretty cool about it and acting like it's okay instead of shouting at him the bought him a new iPad I can't take this anymore. Their neglect on everything I do or need is wearing me out and is making me want to kill me self(I mean that literally)
    hernandezv86 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2013, 01:05 PM
    I would try to get away from him asap. I mean if you are underage I am not telling you to run away but if you are of age then get away from him. The same thing happened to my cousin, her brother used to hit her and be abusive to her and she came to me crying one day that he gave her a black eye and busted her lip. Her parents wouldn't listen to her either, they were hardly at home and never really gave a **** what they did. I told her to come and move in with me but she didn't take my offer and one day he pushed her so hard, she feel down a flight of stairs and died. He is locked up right now, I don't know how much time they gave him but I hope it is hurting him in the inside because that is just messed up. Some people just don't think when they are very angry. I'm sure your brother didn't mean to hurt you but some people just can't control their anger. I don't know what else to tell you. It is very hard to live with someone like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abusive/schizophrenic brother [ 2 Answers ]

My brother is currently on probation and is living with my mother and father. Despite legal constraints, he still continues to drink excessively. Some nights, he comes home wasted and begins to emotionally and physically abuse my parents. He will also grab knives and threaten to kill himself,...

Oldest brother verbally/emotionally abusive towards my parents and myself? [ 16 Answers ]

My oldest brother acts like a rebellious teenager on acid with mood swings and anger outbursts like a land mine. He is 39 and has been this way since his 20s. He'd get upset when things don't go his way. He accuses my parents and the whole family of humiliating him, lying to him, and cheating him....

Can the property (jointly held by brother & father) transfer from brother to brother [ 1 Answers ]

I own a property jointly with my father. Now I wish to transfer/gift this property to my brother. Could you please advise what would be the best way to execute this. What are the legal complications, tax and/or any other issue. Awaiting your response. Thanks. D Dumbre. I jointly own a...

Living with a mentally ill abusive mother and brother that promotes her [ 1 Answers ]

Please can someone shed some light on my situation and help me. I can't take it anymore. I am currently living with my mother who is very abusive mentally and she is downright mean - goes out of her way to be vindictive and cruel. I had to move back in with her because I lost my job and have...

How to get abusive druggie brother out of elderly mom's house [ 4 Answers ]

I am 38yr. Old female and I currently am a caregiver for my 81 year old mother. I came from California to live at her house in Pa. to take care of her after my father died. Since then my younger brother who is 37 came to her and asked to come live back home. Everyone in my family has had problems...

View more questions Search