Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2013, 12:46 AM
    Computer problems
    I have a desktop hp dc7600 small farm factor with windows 7.the problem I'm having is that some of the words on any site are colored and when I move the pointer over the word a pop-up ad comes up,also sale ads come up a lot and I have pop-up blocker turned on. THANKS PLEASE HELP
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 5, 2013, 01:17 AM
    This is quite normal, and unless it's happening in unexpected places, perfectly harmless.
    These aren't pop ups as such, but embedded ads.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 1, 2013, 01:10 AM
    Curlyben 100% is right. Only certain sites have this and is perfectly safe.

Download and Run malwarebytes anti-malware just in case if you want to put your mind at ease.

This program gets rid of spyware / malware / adware. I love this tool. ALways finds funny things hiding away.

Before downloading it, remember:
    You have 2 options when installing
    1 - Install Pro version for 14 days (Cannot run Anti Virus at the same time (Conflicting))
    2 - Install Free version. (Can run together with anti virus)

Here is the link:
    Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

Hope this helps
    Grant - South Africa
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Nov 25, 2013, 07:35 AM
    Just one of the ways for a site to make some money I suppose. Typically there are keywords an advertiser pays for, and if anyone types the keyword (even you) it gets tagged and colored as the ad the people inserted. If you don't like them, steer your cursor around such words as just quickly passing it through them will trigger the ad.
    dj07 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2013, 10:56 PM
    This is an Ad-ware virus. You will not be able to block these ads with the help of Pop Up blocker. You need a good virus protection tool for the removal of this irritating infection. In order to remove this adware, firstly restore your system to the date when it worked fine. Secondly, get a reliable antivirus application like Immunet Plus (Immunet: Free Antivirus Software Download and Endpoint Security), Kaspersky (Kaspersky Lab US | Antivirus & Internet Security Protection Software), Norton (NORTON), Bitdefender (Bitdefender Antivirus Software) etc. and perform advance scanning of your computer drives. Thirdly, clean registry and cache with the help of Ccleaner (https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) for complete removal of existing infection. Hope this will help.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2013, 05:41 AM
    Add AdBlock Plus as an extension or add-on to your browser (Chrome or Firefox, best not to use Internet Explorer at all).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer problems [ 2 Answers ]

My PC won't download anything

Computer problems [ 2 Answers ]

My computer is running slower than normal when powering on as well as when I'm searching the internet. I'm also getting popups even though I keep saying no as they popup. Could this potentially be a virus? Either way, how do I get rid of this problem because this is a new computer? Thanks. ...

Computer problems [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get out of safemode?Please easy instructions,Thanks Gayle

Computer Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a brand new computer that I have built and been struggling to working properly. My problem is that you can't plug in any USB plugs, add any updates, or put any downloads onto the computer except for things from the internet. Does anyone have any ideas as to what my problem might...

Computer problems [ 4 Answers ]

I've been trying to get my computer back up for about a week. About a week and a half ago my computer was getting slow so I reformated, which I've done before whenever it gets bad. After I reformated, my computer would flash a black screen whenever I exited a program that would take over the screen...

View more questions Search