Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Oct 4, 2013, 10:52 AM
    No you tube audio
    This may not be the best forum, but I'm not sure which fits.

Yesterday morning I played You Tube videos and all was good. Yesterday afternoon the picture was good but there was no audio. I have checked:

Audio good in Windows media player.
    Audio good in videos on other sites.
    If I download a video, no audio while it plays, but the downloaded video has audio when played.
    The advertisement at the top of the first You Tube page has audio.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled Flash player.
    I did a system restore to when it was known to work.
    I tried a second computer: No audio.
    I went to YouTube on a wireless BluRay player: audio good.

Any ideas?
    Sinquisitive Posts: 27, Reputation: 10

Oct 4, 2013, 06:14 PM
    Make sure your YouTube videos aren't muted. If you ever mute a video, accidentally or otherwise, it automatically mutes future videos. So take a look at the audio button next to the pause button on a YouTube video and make sure it's not muted there. It's an easy thing to miss.

Oct 5, 2013, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinquisitive View Post
    Make sure your YouTube videos aren't muted. If you ever mute a video, accidentally or otherwise, it automatically mutes future videos. So take a look at the audio button next to the pause button on a youtube video and make sure it's not muted there. It's an easy thing to miss.

Turns out it was muted. But the screwy thing was that when I first noticed the little x next to the speaker symbol, I couldn't unmute it. The problem lasted two days before I could get the volume adjust to show.

I've also heard since, that others had similar problems, so I suspect there was a You Tube glitch of some kind.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 6, 2013, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by walt17 View Post
    Turns out it was muted. But the screwy thing was that when I first noticed the little x next to the speaker symbol, I couldn't unmute it. The problem lasted two days before I could get the volume adjust to show.

I've also heard since, that others had similar problems, so I suspect there was a You Tube glitch of some kind.
    I found that same glitch. You have to manually increase the volume. It doesn't allow for the default setting to work or allow you to click the speaker to regain volume. It might be a problem in the latest flash update.

Oct 6, 2013, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    I found that same glitch. You have to manually increase the volume. It doesnt allow for the default setting to work or allow you to click the speaker to regain volume. It might be a problem in the latest flash update.
    The problem I encountered was that I couldn't manually increase the volume. Whether I clicked on the speaker symbol or just hovered over it, the volume setting bar didn't appear. Once the problem cleared, the volume bar showed.

You may be correct about flash being the problem. Updating flash is one of the You Tube tips for a no audio problem. Since I already had the latest update, I suspect it just took a couple of days for You Tube to accommodate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I wire two 15w floresent tube controlers to run a 30w tube? [ 2 Answers ]

Wiring up two fluorescent lighting controllers to double the wattage and length of tube

Mechanism - mechanical only - push rod through tube that raises tube [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for a tube 3/4" OD - with a rod in center - unknown dia - when you push the rod down through the tube - it raises the tube - attachment

Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-1] [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me I need Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller

View more questions Search