Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VanessaCortez Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2013, 07:22 PM
    How to keep my hair from getting damaged caused by pool water
    Ok so I'm starting swimming at my school next week and my hair has been damaged since a year ago caused by swimming. If I could not do the swimming I would but it's a grade for my physical education class so yeah. I just want to know what's the best way to keep my hair from getting badly damaged ?because we will swim every single day. Is there any shampoos you can suggest or treatments ? Anything will help please because in 5 weeks I'm having a huge birthday party and I want my hair looking great, please help !(:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 07:35 PM
    Don't you wear swim caps?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 07:40 PM
    A swim cap is one way.
    Soaking your hair with tap water and applying a heavy conditioner (if allowed since it is a facility pool) is another thing that would help. If the conditioner isn't allowed wetting the hair before taking a dip will still be helpful.
    Shampooing with a clarifying shampoo immediately after your swim and conditioning will help to keep the hair healthy.
    Keep in mind if your hair is colored or bleached that it is more porous and more likely to take on the greenish tint.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 07:55 PM
    Swimming caps are great! If you can't use one try a good clarifying shampoo with a deep conditioner afterwards.

My daughter is blonde and was on swim team for over 8 years. Clarifying shampoo and deep conditioning was our solution.
    VanessaCortez Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2013, 08:27 PM
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions!(: I will definitely buy a swimming cap and clarifying shampoo.
    I've heard of swimmers shampoo does anyone know if it atcually works?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 09:06 PM
    Swimmer's shampoo is actually a clarifying shampoo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had this bald spot that was caused by swimming in a pool with dogs any help anyone? [ 2 Answers ]

I got a bald spot when I was young because we used to sneak into a swimming that dogs would swim in and the doctor gave me a cream/ointment that was helping until I stopped taking it and forgot the name of it. Any help please?

Dyeing hair a lot of times/ Damaged hair I think [ 8 Answers ]

Ok so I Dyed my hair blonde from black using Jeromel Russel's product like a week ago. So today I dyed it again to make my blonde brighter and it became way too bright and it Looked very weird on me, so I dyed it black the same day using the dyer I bought for $8 And my hair looks way too black...

Best hair product to tame unruly damaged wavy hair- thick [ 1 Answers ]

What products can I use when str8ning that help repair?

A/G Pool skimmer opening damaged and won't seal. [ 2 Answers ]

A few years ago I had ice damage to the skimmer on my 27 ft round A/G pool. I replaced the skimmer and gaskets and it held for a few years. This year I had the liner replaced and water is leaking out of the skimmer. My pool guy is coming over to double up on the gaskets and he says that should...

View more questions Search