Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BeccaBby777 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2013, 06:19 PM
    Unusual bleeding after mirena iud removal
    I had my mirena iud removed about a month ago. I had no type of bleeding whatsoever after removal nor did I have a period last month. Exactly the 1st of this month I started spotting, the next day I started bleeding extremely heavy. Before I only had to change my tampon couple of time throughout the day now I'm having to change it at least every 1 1/2-2 hours and its completely soaked and pretty close to bleeding down my legs? Its not a regular period blood,its very bright red and very thin almost watery. Please help with advice!?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 06:22 PM
    If you are changing a tampon every hour or two you need to seek immediate medical attention. Also, stop wearing tampons until this is resolved.
    dazdaz Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2013, 06:53 PM
    You must visit gynocologist asap.

Oct 3, 2013, 07:00 PM
    I was told by someone who had the same issue to wait till morning just in case its just an irregular period? Not quiet sure what to do?
    Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 07:03 PM
    I'm a nurse in both labor and delivery as well as the ER. Our vaginal bleeding instructions include to get immediate medical attention if you are soaking a pad/tampon every 1-2 hours. Another of our instructions is to stop wearing tampons.

Now, you can take the advice of friends or take the advice of a medical professional. The choice is yours.

Oct 3, 2013, 07:04 PM
    Also I keep getting the chills, shakes,bad headache all day today,and some cramping here and there where I have to bear down?
    Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 07:07 PM
    Please go to the ER. The chills, shakes, and headaches are signs that you are losing too much blood and starting to go into shock.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirena iud removal [ 0 Answers ]

I had iud removed 12 days ago,have had some cramping with light bleeding or spotting since then. Then yesterday I started bleeding heavy and have golf ball size blood clots. Also have pain in my back and abdoman. I feel tired and weak. Is this normal? Every time I urinate a lot of blood comes out...

After Mirena IUD removal... pregnant or not? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey... okay so February 14 2013 I got the Mirena removed and 2 days later I started a HEAVY period that lasted 7 days. I started feeling better with it out because at the very end with it in( had it in for going on 4 years)i was having symptoms of being pregnant and horrible mood swings. So...

Mirena iud removal and still no bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I had the mirena iud removed after having it in for a little over 5 years. I didn't bleed after the removal which I was really shocked as it was lost and they had a hard time finding it. It has been out for 15 days now and no period. I did however have a small amount of blood after having sex one...

Recent Mirena (iud) Removal. Am I pregnant? Already? [ 12 Answers ]

So I had my mirena put in 2 years ago after the birth of my daughter. I didn't have my period while I had it in. I had it removed 5/16/09 I started my period 5/19/09 it lasted about 3 days. It is now 6/25/09 and I still Haven't had my period. I don't know if its normal to miss periods after the...

How long after an IUD removal (Mirena) does it take to get pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

We've decieded to have another baby, so yesterday I had my IUD removed that I have had for 4 years. My doctor said that is was just fine to start trying to conceive now. (I had heard you should wait for the uterine lining to thicken.. ect) I had no problems get pregnant with my previous to...

View more questions Search