Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eroesler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Matag refrigerator does not cool on the fridge side
    I have a Maytag side by side refrigerator MZD2766GE. The freezer works but the fridge does not. What are the possible problems.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2007, 08:11 PM
    The complete refrigerator only has one cooling system. There is a connection between the freezer past and the fridge part. There is a motor that circulates the freezer air into the fridge part. It is my thought that this motor may be bad or that the passage way is either stopped up or blocked
    curiousohio Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2011, 09:38 AM
    You have an adaptive defrost control located in the upper control area of the refrigerator compartment. In order to force the unit into defrost, you must access this component and jump two leads that will send unit into defrost cycle... once that is done you can inspect defrost heater/termination stat in freezer compartment, behind the evaporator cover. If this all sounds foreign, contact a local appliance repair company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag wide by side refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

Model number mzd2752GRW. The switch that turns on the ice/water dispenser stopped working. I replaced it. The water dispenser now works. The ice dispenser drops the ice cubes, but the door they should fall through doesn't open. What controls it?

Kenmore side by side Fridge icemaker model 106.9557651 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with my ice maker over filling? I replaced solenoid still havinbg problem.

Is it safe to drill holes in the side of my fridge? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm putting some beer taps on my fridge, and was wondering if it will be safe to put them on the side of the fridge. I've modified a fridge like this before by going through the door, but if there are no cooling pipes etc. in the side I'd rather go through there as it's stronger than the...

Kitchenaid KSCS25INSS00 Side-by-Side Fridge [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this fridge for 1 year. This fridge operated very quietly until about the 5th month when I began hearing a humming sound coming from the fridge. The noise seems to have something to do with the freezer. When I turn up the temperature from 0F (recommended) to 5F, freezer cycles off and...

View more questions Search