Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2013, 08:26 PM
    Odd computer problem
    I regularly E Mail my friends. One told me when she receives my E Mails some of the text has been changed with code like letters and numbers between the words.
    I asked her to send me what she got. It was not exactly as I had written it.
    When I receive her E Mails... the text is partially in all caps and she did not write it this way.
    What causes this strange thing?
    I never heard of it before.
    Thanks
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Oct 3, 2013, 08:45 AM
    Sounds like an issue with whatever email editor you're using. Are you using Outlook or some web based email program?
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 1, 2013, 01:01 AM
    It must be outlook. Either on your side or on her side.
    If you use the the web-mail service instead of outlook I suspect all will be fine.

Send a email to her from a web-based email service like gmail. Log into the site and send from there.

If she gets it funny, it is on her side.
    If she receives if without funny letters then ask her to send it back to you. If you receive it funny then the problem is on your side.

To solve this I would suggest you create a new profile. This way it will give you a fresh new account to work with. This new account will also have all the default settings so this should work.

Warning: If you cannot set up a email account, ask the person who helped you setup up the account you currently have. You will also need you pop/smtp settings and username/password for your account.

Here is a link to help with the profile creation:
    How to create and configure email profiles in Outlook

Hope this helps
    Grant - South Africa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Computer problem [ 3 Answers ]

My speakers not working. Audio driver seems to be missing. Dell computer. No disc

Computer Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lenovo Y500 Laptop. In this I got, 512 MB RAM, 120GB HDD, INTEL Centrino Duo PROCESSOR. Its HDD Partition is C:\20GB, D:\80GB, and remaining part is used as RECOVERY. Windows Vista Basic is Pre installed. Now when I update windows it cover the whole C Partition/drive. If I re-partition...

Odd problem with lving room outlets [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday I had three outlets in my living room stop working, but the rest of the house lights and outlets worked OK. I measured the voltage on the outlets that stopped working with a digital meter and they measured 20 volts. This house has the older round screw in type of fuses, with the 60 amp...

Odd window problem. [ 1 Answers ]

Something strange happened today.. When I got back home, I was SURE that all my windows were closed tight. Even if they were open, I would hear the air flow through the windows. Afterwards, I got out of the car and walked back inside. A few hours later, I noticed that ALL my windows were...

Odd boot error / DVD drive problem. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all. I've a dual boot XP/RH9 system selected via GRUB. Recently I found that opening and reclosing the media draw on a Pioneer A06 DVD rewriter (secondary master) would cause an abnormal reboot. The Acer DVD player also on the machine causes no such error. OK so I need to change the...

View more questions Search