Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Victoire213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2013, 05:02 PM
    My mom hate me
    So I'm 26 years old and I am married and I have a son 7 months. When I was living home with my family I was doing house work everyday. I never had time for myself like other young girls did. I went to school and didn't finish because of stress home. My Dad loves me he never want to see me getting hurt because he know how hard I work. I was young and did some mistakes like everybody else .

Then when I got married my husband didn't have a job or a house. He was new here. My husband loves me so much and he is a great dad . But my mom always say to people that what kind of husband I have. She hate him because he don't give money to her. She call me and say so many things to me that will hurt me. My husband respect my parent. And my dad like my husband they are good friends. I was very sick for some weeks now she never call or text me to know how I'm doing. When I got my son I went to her to ask if I can get some money and I will pay back. She gave me the money but she called me after all this time I was sick she never call. I did not pick up the phone and she sent message saying that she need her money back. I told her that I will pay soon when my husband get money.

After that she sent 2 message that hurt me and made me cry. She go behind my back and talks bad things about me. I did talk to my dad and I told him that I love my husband and I want to have a family like them. My dad ask me to talk to my mom and I did but the way she was talking to me made me think that maybe she is not my mom. She said that I'm stupid, call me names. I told her that I don't have time to fight. I have a husband to think about and my son. She always want me to do what she want. She stopped my young brothers to come to see me. Only my sisters come. I don't know what to do anymore. My husband tell me not to call my mom if I feel sad every time I talk to her. I need help.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 2, 2013, 05:07 PM
    How long ago did you borrow the money? When did you promise to pay it back? It was a loan, so she has a right to ask for it back. Are you hoping that by ignoring her calls she'll forget about the loan?

Is your husband working now? If so, why haven't you paid off the loan you mother gave you? I don't think she'd loan you money if she hates you.

If she didn't allow your brothers to visit, and they're children, that's her right as a mother. It doesn't mean she doesn't like you.

Sounds like there's another side to this story. Your mothers side. What would she say if she posted here?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 2, 2013, 05:13 PM
    I would say that, unless there are cultural circumstances to consider here, it is time for you to grow up and cut the apron strings.

You have your own family now, and a baby, and that comes first. If you and your mother cannot resolve differences as mature women, then it is time to leave her be. I would guess that she would come around when you stop trying so hard, because if nothing else, she will want to see her grandchild.

Your husband has given you good advice. Don't talk to her if she makes you cry all the time. Stop that wedge from affecting your marriage.

Do what you can to pay your mother back even if it is a few dollars a week. Keep a journal of what you pay, and when. Maybe if she's getting a little each week she won't be such a negative, name calling, demanding, unreasonable person.
    Victoire213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2013, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    How long ago did you borrow the money? When did you promise to pay it back? It was a loan, so she has a right to ask for it back. Are you hoping that by ignoring her calls she'll forget about the loan?

Is your husband working now? If so, why haven't you paid off the loan you mother gave you? I don't think she'd loan you money if she hates you.

If she didn't allow your brothers to visit, and they're children, that's her right as a mother. It doesn't mean she doesn't like you.

Sounds like there's another side to this story. Your mothers side. What would she say if she posted here?
    it was on my wedding day and its was for 4weeks ago. My husband he just started to go to school for one weeks ago. My mom didn't want to give me the money, is my Dad begde her for me. We Will pay her the end of this months

Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    I would say that, unless there are cultural circumstances to consider here, it is time for you to grow up and cut the apron strings.

You have your own family now, and a baby, and that comes first. If you and your mother cannot resolve differences as mature women, then it is time to leave her be. I would guess that she would come around when you stop trying so hard, because if nothing else, she will want to see her grandchild.

Your husband has given you good advice. Don't talk to her if she makes you cry all the time. Stop that wedge from affecting your marriage.

Do what you can to pay your mother back even if it is a few dollars a week. Keep a journal of what you pay, and when. Maybe if she's getting a little each week she won't be such a negative, name calling, demanding, unreasonable person.
    Whe I tell my mom that I have a family now she always say that they are my family first and she don't like to hear me talks how Much my husband and my son mean to me. She said that why I put my husband first. I respect her but she have to know that I have a son to think about. I can not Do what she want
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 2, 2013, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoire213 View Post
    it was on my wedding day and its was for 4weeks ago. My husband he just started to go to school for one weeks ago. My mom didn't want to give me the money, is my Dad begde her for me. We Will pay her the end of this months
    You only asked her for money a month ago? That's not what you said in your original post.

Whe I got my son I went to her to Ask if I can Get some money and I Will pay back
    I have a son for 7months
    If you asked her for money after your son was born, which is what you said, then it was 7 months ago, not one month.

You were pregnant for 9 months, your son was born 7 months ago, why did your husband just start school a week ago? What was he waiting for?

You said:

But my mom always say to people that what kind of husband I have. She hate him because he don't give money to her.
    The only one giving money is your mom, from what you posted. If she's paying for you to survive, when you're an adult, married, with a child, I can understand her being upset with a man that's married to her daughter, that hasn't done anything to help his family.

I think you need to wake up, and take responsibility for your life instead of relying on your mom to help you out. You borrowed money, you need to pay it back. Your husband, the father of your child, needs to find work, or you do. Your parents aren't responsible for you anymore. Stop being daddy's princess. Your mother has the right idea, cut the apron strings and make you stand on your own two feet. You're not a child anymore, you're a mother! Time to grow up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my mom hate me? [ 3 Answers ]

Well I'm 12 years old. I live with my mom dad and little sister. My mom has been making my life miserable for ages. I don't even enjoy anything anymore. I'm more happy at school or at my friends house's anywhere but home.She shouts and has major mood swings every single day. When I'm at school I...

I'm 14 and my mom hate me? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I've done some bad things and now my mom is very very very angry with me what can I do to make her forgive me I've written letters and done all the things she has asked but not even a little forgiveness the bad things I've done are having a bad attitude being rude to her and my teachers...

Does my mom hate me? [ 3 Answers ]

Evrey time my mom gets in a fight with me she calls me an ungreatful bas**d motherfu**** ECT just today she said to jesus why did I have to have a child and now she said she's going to take my eloence and chrisimas money and move out leavimg me with my dad and that's going to be hard on both of us...

Does my mom hate me [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I the oldest and only girl out of my mothers children but it seems as though my mother only picks on me. If we were having a conversation and I said something funny she would turn her nose up and talk over me. But if it were one of my younger brothers she woulde think it was the funniest...

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

View more questions Search