Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Size of beam
    How big a beam do I need for a span of 12 feet, for a patio roof?
    whailey Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Ask lumber yard about a 4/8 treated. Believe that is correct.
    jimbobcooley Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 08:37 AM
    What will your spacing be?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I or H beam size [ 9 Answers ]

I am wishing to make a deer pole, It will be on my barn and it will need to support approx. 500-750 pounds.The deer are large here! No but the overkill is for safety and a trolley type of lift I will be attaching to this beam.This beam will be cantilevered from the end wall a full 8 foot.My truss...

Beam size [ 1 Answers ]

What size bean would I require to span 12meters for a steel shed, it is used on the roof

Beam Deflection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a Mech Eng by education, but haven't used many of the skills for a long while. Can someone please run through the equations for calculating bending moment, stress, and deflection of a simply-supported beam? Maybe, for example, using a 2x10 (1.5" x 9.25" wood floor joist?? )... As I...

Is Jim Beam any good? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40th Anniv. 1944-1984 Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (80 Proof) never been opened. Got it as a gift in the early 80's. It still has the paper seal on the cap. I don't drink whiskey and have toted this around with many military moves. I have to wonder is the product any good still? Does...

Beam Restrictions [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2" x 12" beams that make up the upstairs of my condo and was wondering what the furthest distance apart the load bearing walls that support the beams can be.

View more questions Search