Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrosa Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Dumping a ghost image from one partition to another.
    Hello everyone. I am having a problem ghosting a HD using Ghost

I have a 40GB HD split into 2 patitions which both boot:
    Partition #1= 20GB (Windows XP Pro)
    partition #2= 20GB (Ghost Image) Rebuild Computer.

What I'm trying to achieve is dual boot after POST, opt1 boots Windows XP like normal opt2 re-images partition 1 with ghost image.

Ghost Image exists on partition 2, basically you need to configure boot.ini expression to grab the image and dump onto partition 1. What I'm having problems knowing is what expression to write to re-image partition 1 by using the ghost image on partition 2.

Please Help!

Thanks

Marc
    frien_dd Posts: 62, Reputation: 0

Mar 29, 2007, 08:40 AM
    What ghost program are you using I use norton and Its really easy to use.
    You have confused me what do you mean by expression?
    mrosa Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 12:46 AM
    I'm using Norton Ghost.

The answer I'm after... can Norton Ghost be an option in 'dual boot', my understand is the syntax within boot.ini file needs editing to boot Norton Ghost.

Basically when boot loader runs you'll have two options,
    1. Load Windows XP Professional
    2. Load Norton Ghost

Could you please let me know how to achieve problem.

Thanks
    Marc
    frien_dd Posts: 62, Reputation: 0

Apr 3, 2007, 03:02 AM
    How to Use and Edit Boot.ini in Windows XP

You would have to have ghost on another partion this website should help u if you need more help juast ask

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's With Dumping And Suicide [ 8 Answers ]

So, Why Is It When A Person Dumps Someone That The Partner That Was Dumped Feels Like Killing Themselves? Well, A Example Of This Was My Ex. I Dumoed Him Because I Knew He Was Cheating On Me And Then The Next Day He Brought A Knife To School During Lunch Hour And Slit In His Wrist, What Is The...

Dumping my computer. Do I have all my backups covered? [ 3 Answers ]

I've given up on fixing this old fart... so am backing everything up. I've backed up My Documents Outlook Express .dbx files for the folders Outlook Express Address Books Desktop stuff that was not shortcuts IE Favorites FF Bookmarks

Town highway dept dumping salt/sand onto our lawn! [ 4 Answers ]

I live on a road on a hill where we have a very high water table and water constantly runs off our property onto the road. During the winter months the water freezes onto the road and can cause some hazardous conditions. The road lacks a gully or some form of trench to keep this water and ice off...

Question about dumping [ 10 Answers ]

Hello all, This is my first post here and I need a little bit of advice from you all. I recently met a girl on an online dating site, and we had spoken quite a lot a week or so before first meeting. We seemed to get along great. However, when we met in person, she was not exactly what I was...

View more questions Search