Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MZ_GUTTA_GURL_SENIOR_07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Surface Areas
    How do you do Surface Areas in Geometry?
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Mar 28, 2007, 08:09 PM
    There are multiply different equations. Each Geometric figure has it's own equation. Basically, you do what it tells you. You find the area of the surface using equations for 2-D figures. For example, something easy: a box. To find the surface area, find the area of each side and add them together. Since opposite sides are the same, you can use this formula:

(H*L*2)+(L*W*2)+(W*H*2)= Surface area, where W= width, L= length, and H=height
    You multiply these variables together to get the area of the box's faces. The multiplication of 2 within each set of parentheses represents the opposite side of the box, so you can do 2 sides at once.

Now try a real example. A box has dimensions of 3*4*5. What is its surface area?
    3*4=12 (one side) 12*2=24 (this represents the first side and the side opposite of it.
    4*5=20 20*2=40
    5*3=15 15*2=30

Now add up the areas.

24+30+40=94, so the surface area is 94.

Did you get all of that? If you didn't, just tell me and I'll repeat myself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whitening in some areas. [ 1 Answers ]

How do you whiten your bebe area - specifically on the sides , your underarms & the bottom of your butt? Please I need your help.

About Unwanted Hair in areas it shouldn't be. [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, all. I am a very Young Lady, and I have unwanted hair growth in places that I would have never thought I would have hair grow. I Started to notice hair growing around the neck area breast area my junior year. And I know as scary as that sounds, It wasn't much so I would tweeze it...

Glycolic peels and Hot areas [ 1 Answers ]

I've a question, I'm living in Europe and the climate in summer is not as hot as in India... I'm using Glycolic peels will it make my skin too sensitive to the very hot wheather... wot should I do... guide me

Gray Areas to Answering Certain Posts [ 26 Answers ]

There has been a number of times I have found myself wondering lately if we are doing the right thing here in responding to certain posts the way we do. This includes three general areas I see growing as the site grows and I would like some input from others. The areas I encounter, but its by no...

Need help in certain areas of my game. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 6''2 15 year old 157 pound SF/PF/C sophomore. I have a great post up game, just about no one can stop me when I get the ball down low. I have a great shot that can hit the 3 if needed. I'm a good defended who keeps players away from the hoop and gets a steal here and there. But here is...

View more questions Search