Oct 1, 2013, 04:47 AM
    Is there anyone out there?
    Just thought I would ask since the news from the US is that no one is home

http://www.smh.com.au/business/world...001-2upwq.html
    http://www.news.com.au/world-news/am...-1226730981099
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 04:52 AM
    Your link is subscription only . Guessing this is about the shut down ? Woke up this morning and the sun is still shining . 4 CR bills went to the Senate since the weekend and all were rejected by Reid's do-nothing Senate . He even rejected a conference committee . The shut down is all the Dems fault. But you won't hear that from the Praetorian Guards of the 4th estate .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 04:52 AM
    You heard wrong, just another day to me. The sun is rising, birds are singing, the world didn't stop turning after the shutdown.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 04:58 AM
    Your president is telling the world it is the republican's fault and when you have all your services closed, the public is going to blame someone and take it out at the ballot box. You never know it might come out to the republican advantage but that type of play is foolish at best

You really do need a system that gets everyone on the same side or at least enough for government to function. Hung governments are a real mess, we had three years of it and obviously you have too!
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 05:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Your president is telling the world it is the republican's fault and when you have all your services closed, the public is going to blame someone and take it out at the ballot box. You never know it might come out to the republican advantage but that type of play is foolish at best

you really do need a system that gets everyone on the same side or at least enough for government to function. Hung governments are a real mess, we had three years of it and obviously you have too!
    I honestly feel bad for the people who were planning on visiting the Smithsonian this week. But it is a tremedous exaggeration to claim " all your services closed ".
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 05:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I honestly feel bad for the people who were planning on visiting the Smithsonian this week. But it is a tremedous exaggeration to claim " all your services closed ".
    well 800,000 people have to work somewhere and a couple of weeks from now how many will be out of work. So the Smithsonian and the Statue of Liberty this week, what happens next week. When people don't have money they don't spend, the non-essentials go first, and then the flow on effect begins, but value starts to be wiped off stocks and fortunes are lost
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 05:18 AM
    We have had shut downs lasting almost a month.. No essential services were stopped . It won't happen this time. As for the Federal workers that are furloughed . I feel for them too. But I think there are way too many Federal workers anyway.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 06:11 AM
    I heard the pandacam is shut down.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 06:18 AM
    Obviously not essential, tomorrow many things will be non essential and in two weeks... ELE
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 06:32 AM
    The Zerocare exchanges are open, what more do you want?
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 06:35 AM
    Seriously it's all the same to me, you win some, you loose some, but there are more important issues, what happens there affects many things at a distance. Your shutdown will see your currency fall and that means ours will rise and restrict our ability to compete. What you do is a begger your neighbour policy and if you keep going we will all be beggers
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 06:39 AM
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2013, 06:50 AM
    The pink stars are falling in lines. The pink stars are falling in lines.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    seriously it's all the same to me, you win some, you loose some, but there are more important issues, what happens there affects many things at a distance. your shutdown will see your currency fall and that means ours will rise and restrict our ability to compete. what you do is a begger your neighbour policy and if you keep going we will all be beggers
    No it won't... if the debt limit isn't resolved it will probably affect the currency . But this shut down should actually be good for the bottom line.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 07:04 AM
    WaPo gave a place for federal workers to vent and tell us how essential they are. It's come to this...

And on the first day of the great apocalypse the people had no power or warm water for a shower because some unnecessary bureaucrat whose salary we pay for a job we didn't know existed isn't there to make sure Xcel energy didn't cut the power to their customers.

I got news for you buddy, if the government can't function without you we have way bigger problems than I thought.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2013, 09:19 AM

This is that the lefties thing of Obama... and they actually printed something like this...

Really ticked off the Indian-Americans
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 01:34 PM
    The VETS decided that no stinkin government shut down was going to keep them from seeing their memorial!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...35e_story.html

http://www.4029tv.com/news/politics/...gn=4029%2Bnews
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 02:12 PM
    What ? No CR today ? Hello Speaker Bonehead!! You should be passing another CR with slight variations immediately after Reid and the do-nothing Senate reject the last one. Keep them coming 2-3 times a day and then scoff at and ridicule the emperor and Reid when they blame the Repubics for not compromising .
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2013, 02:56 PM
    More theater of the absurd from the regime. Apparently the apocalypse has led to limiting FLOTUS' posts on the free Twitter account we're apparently paying for (I wonder how many people won't get that).
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2013, 02:50 AM
    What happened ? The non-essential employee who authors her tweets was told to go home ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search