Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Muffin22 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2013, 05:42 AM
    Did I mess up not sure?
    "Me and this guy have been talking to for la few weeks and he had been telling me things like I am special, wholesome and that he really likes me cause i did not talk trash and do cams etc... and then other night he said you know how to tame the beast. That really confused me and caught me off guard.

Well the nest day or two he said a few more sexual comments that I will not add here (Tho it was not dirty words) then I told him It hurt my feelings that I felt he was disrespecting me and I said not to be playing games with me and few other things I said and he just wrote back and said let the one do the judging that is qualified to do that you're way ahead of me here....:-) He added smiley face too. what the heck he mean way ahead of him? Noe he is mostly silent for past 2 days just left few shot off lines and we were talking a lot for several weeks Whew! Please help? He is 54 I am 50" He told my friend I am so lovely and a sweetie pie. Did I go wrong? Should I have said what I did?
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Sep 30, 2013, 06:58 AM
    Hello Muffin22,

I don't think you went wrong or said anything wrong.

What he was saying to you embarrassed and upset you so you had every right to ask him to refrain from saying those things.

Reading between the lines I feel he wants more than just to chat and is saying things to try to get you to submit to having sex with him, although he is saying it in a round about way.

If you have only been chatting has he even asked you for a date yet?

If you are not ready to, or don't want to have sex with him then you were acting quite properly in telling him he was treating you disrespectfully and asking him to stop coming out with these comments.

If he cares deeply enough for you he will respect what you say and not keep trying to push the sex aspect on to you.

He all he wants from you is a 'good time' then he will soon probably drift away from you and seek his sexual gratification elsewhere. If he does I believe you are well rid of him.

In the words of the adage 'There are plenty more fish in the sea' and you will soon find someone who will treat you with the respect you deserve.

As far as his comment:

"let the one do the judging that is qualified to do that you're way ahead of me here"

I have no idea what he meant unless he meant that he was more qualified than you to decide whether you should have sex with him.

If so he is totally wrong and it is for you to decide if, or when, you should have sex with him, or anyone else for that matter.

My advice is to wait and see how he treats and speaks to you now you have told him that you deserve more respect.

Poseidon
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 30, 2013, 11:43 AM
    It's hard to know if you made a mistake in saying that or not since we don't really know what he said and don't know exactly what you said. We can guess all day long but what will that get anyone?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 30, 2013, 06:07 PM
    If he said something you thought was inappropriate and hurt you, you had every right to say something.
    Maybe he was wanting a sexual relationship with you and had now realized you are not an easy piece. If he is a decent guy and likes you, you'll hear from him again. If not, you spared yourself some drama.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mess [ 2 Answers ]

Hey my mom complain that I don't help clean the house it's not that I mind cleaning it just that I like mess like some people they can't find stuff when their room is a mess I can't find stuff if my room is clean please help me what should I do

What a mess [ 0 Answers ]

My questions are is it legal in Pennsylvania to cash a Certified check for 1st months rent and a Security Deposit before a Lease is presented, agreed too and then signed by all parties involved? The tenative Landlord has now prsented a Lease 3 weeks later whitch is not acceptable and Legally...

Just some help out of this mess [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone,myhusband left me just before xmas and our 30th wedding anniversary,to move in with someone he had been seeing for a few months apparently,he has since come home 3 times and returned to her now I have finished with him, he offered me 175 a month to help with my bills but is now denying...

Such a mess right now. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, first of all I'm glad to be part of such a great community here and hope to be able to help people out and also hope that they can help me out also. I have problems at the moment and I honestly don't know what to do, OK I'll start from the top. There's this girl I met who I've liked...

View more questions Search