Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rob15 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2013, 07:01 AM
    Is it safe to put an in line plug the wire connecting circuit breaker and well pump
    I want to connect a portable generator avoiding transfer switches
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2013, 07:09 AM
    No, not safe and illegal in many locations. Back feeding the line can cause injury or death.
    rob15 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2013, 08:40 AM
    Thank you for your response ma0641. Is there any other way I can connect a generator without a transfer switch safely? Thanks in advance.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2013, 09:22 AM
    If your items are hard wired you will need a switch to move from one power supply to the other power supply.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting neutral wire to ground wire in breaker panel [ 3 Answers ]

Can the neutral wire be connected to the ground wire at the neutral bar in the breaker panel?

I just put in a ceiling fan and it keeps tripping the circuit breaker. [ 4 Answers ]

The house that I moved into had a wall switch plate with no switch, but it appears that it had been wired to a light kit in the ceiling: which is not there anymore. I mounted a ceiling fan w/light kit and added a switch to the wall, but when I turned the power on the light on the ceiling fan came...

Wire size wire & circuit breaker do I need for a 15.8 range [ 2 Answers ]

What size circuit breaker & wire size do I need rfor a 15.8 raqnge ?

Connecting 120/240 volt line to light, gfci and pool pump breaker [ 15 Answers ]

I have recently demolished my shed and long with it the electrical connections which powered my light switch, gfci receptical and pool pump. I thought I had the electrical connections correct but the breaker is tripping when I attempted to turn it back on. Breaker is 15 Amp The line coming...

Safe to flip circuit breaker back on? [ 3 Answers ]

Light flash and very loud pop (like small explosion) came from the breaker box. One breaker was off. Not sure if it is safe to flip back on--never had that happen before when circuit was interrupted. :eek:

View more questions Search