Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2013, 07:46 AM
    Hello again, tom:

I got it.. So, your thinking goes like this: It WAS a referendum on Obamacare.. And, if only a couple things would have been different, he WOULD have won. That's WHY it's a referendum.. Clearly, it means that Obamacare got rammed down peoples throats..

I got it.

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 08:09 AM
    Republican rich guys didn't support the Cucc in Northern VA, and if the independent vote hurt the Cucc, explain why they couldn't hold their nose and vote for him, so it was a protest vote from you guys. Or against them both?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2013, 08:14 AM
    Again, here's your referendum on Obamacare. Bush, with the daily death tolls of the war and Katrina gets a one point lead on Obama at this stage of his presidency. And it's going to get worse...

“No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period.”
    Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 08:33 AM
    If you were drowning and someone threw you a lifeline, you would probably throw it back.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2013, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    If you were drowning and someone threw you a lifeline, you would probably throw it back.
    At least if someone were drowning I wouldn't throw them a brick.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2013, 09:22 AM
    Maybe we should take after Sean Penn's utopia...

DOCTORS SAY VENEZUELA'S HEALTH CARE IN COLLAPSE

One interesting note from this:

The private system has just 8,000 of the country's more than 50,000 hospital beds but treats 53 percent of the country's patients, including the 10 million public employees with health insurance.
    I am shocked, shocked that their private system is so much more capable and that all, count 'em all 10 million public employees use that instead of the state run system. Sounds familiar, the people forcing us to live under Obamacare and in charge of enforcing it don't want it for themselves.

After sticker shock and provider shock kin into overdrive I do expect this regime to take after them in one area, creating a new cabinet position - Secretary of Supreme Social Happiness .

P.S. My offer still stands, you let us keep our old plans with a third lower premiums, copays, out of pockets, caps and deductibles, the doctors and hospitals we liked and you guys have the new super duper insurance.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2013, 09:33 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    My offer still stands, you let us keep our old plans with a third lower premiums, copays, out of pockets, caps and deductibles, the doctors and hospitals we liked and you guys have the new super duper insurance.
    Couple things... Who're you kidding??? That would last as long as nobody got sick and got their policy canceled. Then you'd be CRYING for that super duper insurance..

The next thing is, when your insurance company won't cover you, taxpayers like ME will. It's VERY un-right winger like of you to FORCE me to pay for YOUR bills.. Isn't it??

Or, would you rather we didn't?

excon
    Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 09:43 AM
    Its not the government picking and choosing, it's the insurance company which you hate. I cannot believe you would take away access to health care for fifty million, to satisfy 4 million. The logic escapes me.

Now I can go for giving those 4 million an exemption by forcing insurance companies to continue policies with no changes if they are currently under care, less than a million I think(not sure), but maybe a case by case assessment rather than a broad sweeping delay is indicated. Sticker shock and confusion is not enough to throw 50 million people under the bus just yet, not in the first 30 days.

@Ex, great point.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2013, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:
    Couple things... Who're you kidding??? That would last as long as nobody got sick and got their policy canceled. Then you'd be CRYING for that super duper insurance..

The next thing is, when your insurance company won't cover you, taxpayers like ME will. It's VERY un-right winger like of you to FORCE me to pay for YOUR bills.. Isn't it??

Or, would you rather we didn't?

excon
    Do you guys have a meeting every day to go over your talking points? Asked and answered.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2013, 09:50 AM
    Its not the government picking and choosing, it's the insurance company which you hate. I cannot believe you would take away access to health care for fifty million, to satisfy 4 million. The logic escapes me.
    a) the first point is bullsh*t, everyone knows it.

b) your next point has no basis in reality.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 10:31 AM
    Great NON answer on two points.

While you stated you hate insurance companies as much as the government, you clearly come down for the junk insurance and sticker shock you blame on government.

You exploit a twofer to excuse your lack of depth on the issue, and ignore the benefit to 50 million people for the initial reaction to a complex situation.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2013, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

I got it.. So, your thinking goes like this: It WAS a referendum on Obamacare.. And, if only a couple things would have been different, he WOULD have won. That's WHY it's a referendum.. Clearly, it means that Obamacare got rammed down peoples throats..

I got it.

excon
    There were of course other factors in the race besides Obamacare . What I said was that he closed the gap in the last 2 weeks because of the Obamacare backlash. Anyway there is no way that a 1 point race can be considered a referendum on anything .
    Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 11:29 AM
    Christy's win sent a strong message though. He will be a tough candidate if he wins the republican nomination.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2013, 11:58 AM
    Great NON answer on two points.

While you stated you hate insurance companies as much as the government, you clearly come down for the junk insurance and sticker shock you blame on government.
    And you pose as an expert on finances, health care and integrity yet think the crap sandwich with extravagantly higher costs to the consumer and fewer choices of providers we were lied to about is a better deal. Chew on that a bit.

You exploit a twofer to excuse your lack of depth on the issue, and ignore the benefit to 50 million people for the initial reaction to a complex situation.
    Dude, in light of how we got here I think if I were you I would refrain from accusing others of exploitation.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 12:17 PM
    I think the plan could be better but the alternative we have lived with for years is unsustainable as is whatever alternatives you, the TParty, or most republicans have suggested so far.

To bad Mitt ran away from his own plan. The reality is we are here, and need to get beyond it. Another thing is while I am no expert, I am experienced. VERY experienced.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2013, 12:46 PM
    I am no expert, I am experienced. VERY experienced.
    As am I , from the professional side, the consumer side and the total crap that is Medicaid.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 01:08 PM
    What do you have against Medical insurance for poor people? Often working poor people? Or poor kids of working poor people?
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2013, 02:05 PM
    What do you have against Medical insurance for poor people? Often working poor people? Or poor kids of working poor people?
    What do you have against the truth? You just keep making sh*t up to make us look mean, enough already. I mean for cryin' out loud I have a disabled daughter battling HIV and cancer living in my home on SSI, a paltry 60 or 70 a month in food stamps and Medicaid that no one takes. We have 2 good hospitals, 2 or 3 cancer centers and there is 1 doctor she can see that reluctantly accepts Medicaid for her cancer care.

Don't preach to me about not caring about the plight of others, I live it every freakin' day! When are you going to get that through your thick skull?
    Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 03:46 PM
    I sincerely hope you and your family get through this troubling time with positive outcomes my friend. I would be angry too if I walked in your shoes.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2013, 05:05 PM
    Christy's win sent a strong message though. He will be a tough candidate if he wins the republican nomination.
    Ask Me Help Desk - View Single Post - Tea Party aversion to reality

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Health and social care - hazards in health & social care settings [ 10 Answers ]

Explain the potential hazards in health and social care settings, you should include: 1. hazards: e.g. from workinh environment, working condition, poor staffing training, poor working practices, equipment, substance etc. 2. working environment: e.g. within an organisation's premises 3....

Health care & home care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set up health care & Home care agency?

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

View more questions Search