Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 29, 2013, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I could say the same thing about the TParty distortions and there stated goals to destroy the government and let the rich guys do as they please. I can dig the fear of losing control of YOUR government as it more, and more, becomes our government.

By our I do mean ALL Americans, not just the chosen, lucky few.
    Actually you mean nothing of the sort. As we have seen by example over and over again. How can you use the term "our" when the people are against Obamacare and your government seems to be pushing it forward full steam ?

When it is that this administration has told more lies and refuses to come clean when asked to do so by the people? He is giving all the money to the rich right now. I don't see "our" government doing anything to stop it nor do I see them doing anything to derail this permanent recession.

Do you?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 29, 2013, 08:36 AM
    QUOTE by cdad;
    Actually you mean nothing of the sort. As we have seen by example over and over again. How can you use the term "our" when the people are against Obamacare and your government seems to be pushing it forward full steam ?
    FACT is people LIKE what they have seen so far, and you guys know it. Maybe the waters are muddy, but in a few days they can decide for themselves if they like what they are about to see, and keep it or reject it.

Let the people decide.

When it is that this administration has told more lies and refuses to come clean when asked to do so by the people? He is giving all the money to the rich right now. I don't see "our" government doing anything to stop it nor do I see them doing anything to derail this permanent recession.

Do you?
    Your side is good at obstruction, delays, and creating obstacles that have prevented a more robust recovery, while shifting blame away from yourselves, and too everybody else. That's what I see.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Sep 29, 2013, 10:17 AM
    I mean no disrespect with my comments. I am just wondering why universal health care won't work. Canada does it, not perfectly but we do have it. I will be honest without it I would not be alive as no treatment for my asthma, no treatment for my mental health issues and suicide attempts. Don't forget DBT that would have been not even an option. Hubby also had a heart attack and I am unsure what we would have done for the bills from him being in ICU for 5 days. Then in regular room for 2 more and all the tests that were run.
    We do work and pay our bills with not much left over. We are not rich and the only workplace plan we have is through hubby's work. They charge a set amount and don't take into account people's prior medical condition.
    I don't see how insurance rates will rise and affect the workplace. Some provinces out here people pay a fee usually every 3 months. I think it is per person and per family depending on what is your situation. Others have it through the provincial sales tax.
    What are people's solutions to your health care issues? Let's brainstorm ideas and if any seem valid you can maybe present to your local politician. Don't say they won't listen you never know. It is like when I share a dog that needs to be saved, no one hears me but sometimes the dog gets saved and out of the bad home. If we do nothing than nothing will be done and if we do something maybe things will improve.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 29, 2013, 10:59 AM
    FACT is people LIKE what they have seen so far, and you guys know it. Maybe the waters are muddy, but in a few days they can decide for themselves if they like what they are about to see, and keep it or reject it.
    I guess you and those people get your "facts" from YouTube.

Obama courts young voters in MTV interview – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 29, 2013, 11:25 AM
    I fail to see your point since many younger consumers watch UTube.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2013, 06:18 AM

Let the people decide..
    And again you fail to see the disconnect in saying "let the people decide" when the people didn't want it to begin with and have opposed consistently since it was forced on us.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2013, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    I mean no disrespect with my comments. I am just wondering why universal health care won't work. Canada does it, not perfectly but we do have it. I will be honest without it I would not be alive as no treatment for my asthma, no treatment for my mental health issues and suicide attempts. Don't forget DBT that would have been not even an option. Hubby also had a heart attack and I am unsure what we would have done for the bills from him being in ICU for 5 days. Then in regular room for 2 more and all the tests that were run.
    We do work and pay our bills with not much left over. We are not rich and the only workplace plan we have is through hubby's work. They charge a set amount and don't take into account people's prior medical condition.
    I don't see how insurance rates will rise and affect the workplace. Some provinces out here people pay a fee usually every 3 months. I think it is per person and per family depending on what is your situation. Others have it through the provincial sales tax.
    What are people's solutions to your health care issues? Let's brainstorm ideas and if any seem valid you can maybe present to your local politician. Don't say they won't listen you never know. It is like when I share a dog that needs to be saved, no one hears me but sometimes the dog gets saved and out of the bad home. If we do nothing than nothing will be done and if we do something maybe things will improve.
    I'm glad you are happy with your system. I was happy with what we had.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 30, 2013, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    The health care they are proposing here is much different than what you have Mogrann. You aren't required to pay for it and if you don't pay for it you aren't penalized. There is no comparison to what you have and what is being forced down our throats.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2013, 06:38 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    the people didn't want it to begin with and have opposed consistently since it was forced on us.
    This BS is getting old. But, I see that it'll NEVER change.. You just have an aversion to the truth, that'll NEVER change.

But, that's NOT going to stop me from trying... You talk about what "the people" want, as though you know.. But, you don't. You IGNORE the stuff that goes against your argument, like our last election...

Really.. It was an ELECTION... One candidate said his NUMBER ONE job would be to REPEAL Obamacare. He LOST, and he LOST BIG.

The PEOPLE SPOKE!! You don't LIKE it, but they SPOKE loudly and clearly.

Excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2013, 06:38 AM
    You aren't required to pay for it
    Well we do through our payroll deduction taxes. But you are correct that the systems are quite different.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2013, 06:49 AM
    2004 the people spoke and voted for the candidate who promised to reform Social Security . He made it clear that was his number 1 agenda for his 2nd term. But a minority in the Senate was able to block the attempt even though The PEOPLE SPOKE!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2013, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    The health care they are proposing here is much different than what you have Mogrann. You aren't required to pay for it and if you don't pay for it you aren't penalized. There is no comparison to what you have and what is being forced down our throats.
    Interesting article on how Obamacare will "fundamentally change" the fabric of American society .

Will Obamacare hurt job creation and marriage? - Diana Furchtgott-Roth - MarketWatch

There are 'disincentives both to hiring and marriage'.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2013, 07:01 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    But a minority in the Senate was able to block the attempt even though The PEOPLE SPOKE!!
    And, THIS time, they weren't. That's how democracy works in this great country of ours. If you have the REPRESENTATIVES in congress, what YOU want, happens. If you don't, what the OTHER guy wants, happens.

You didn't have the votes. That's how democracy works. But, you'd rather squeal, and snivel, and hold the country hostage to GET what you DON'T HAVE THE VOTES TO GET.

It ain't going to work.. Oh, it'll work for ME. You Tea Party dudes will be dispatched.

Excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2013, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:
    This BS is getting old. But, I see that it'll NEVER change.. You just have an aversion to the truth, that'll NEVER change.

But, that's NOT gonna stop me from trying... You talk about what "the people" want, as though you know.. But, you don't. You IGNORE the stuff that goes against your argument, like our last election...

Really.. It was an ELECTION... One candidate said his NUMBER ONE job would be to REPEAL Obamacare. He LOST, and he LOST BIG.

The PEOPLE SPOKE!!!! You don't LIKE it, but they SPOKE loudly and clearly.

excon
    You'll have to point out where the people voted for Obama because they wanted Obamacare so bad, because I thought he got elected because women were afraid Romney would take away their tampons and birth control.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2013, 07:22 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    You'll have to point out where the people voted for Obama because they wanted Obamacare so bad,
    Let me see. WHEN they voted for Obama, they ALSO voted for a congress who passed the ACA.

That, my right wing friend, is DEMOCRACY at work. That's HOW it happens here, in this great land of ours.

Speaking of democracy, if you WIN the senate, and WIN the presidency, you can REPEAL the whole ball of wax, and I'll be the one squealing...

Excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2013, 07:33 AM
    Hello again, Steve:Lemme see. WHEN they voted for Obama, they ALSO voted for a congress who passed the ACA.
    They voted for a divided executive and legislative branch. That's what they do when the people want to cut back the power of the party in charge, it's certainly not a mandate to do whatever he wants.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2013, 07:41 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    it's certainly not a mandate to do whatever he wants.
    It ISN'T?? Tell that to the right wing governors who have right wing congress's... They're certainly doing whatever they want, and DAMN what the libs want...

Frankly, I think they're RIGHT. I don't LIKE what they're DOING, but that's DEMOCRACY. When libs take over those states again, as they surly will, they'll REPEAL all the right wing crap.

You ARE going to defend those states rights to run roughshod over their opponents, aren't you?

Excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2013, 07:44 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    It ISN'T???? Tell that to the right wing governors who have right wing congress's... They're certainly doing whatever they want, and DAMN what the libs want...

Frankly, I think they're RIGHT. I don't LIKE what they're DOING, but that's DEMOCRACY. When libs take over those states again, as they surly will, they'll REPEAL all the right wing crap.

You ARE going to defend those states rights to run roughshod over their opponents, aren't you?

excon
    So you admit it isn't about what the people want, it's about running roughshod over Republicans.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2013, 07:56 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    So you admit it isn't about what the people want, it's about running roughshod over Republicans.
    Nannnn. We're MUCH nicer than you.. And, that's exactly WHY the ACA needs fixing.. Obama didn't run roughshod over anybody.. He DESIGNED the bill to attract Republicans. He certainly didn't let the insurance companies stay IN the mix to placate Democrats... But, that didn't work, did it?? So, the Democrats did their own thing.

You COULD have participated then. You CAN participate NOW, if you only knew how.

Excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2013, 07:58 AM
    The Repubics were shut out of the process completely by Reid and Pelosi.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Health and social care - hazards in health & social care settings [ 10 Answers ]

Explain the potential hazards in health and social care settings, you should include: 1. hazards: e.g. from workinh environment, working condition, poor staffing training, poor working practices, equipment, substance etc. 2. working environment: e.g. within an organisation's premises 3....

Health care & home care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set up health care & Home care agency?

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

View more questions Search