Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a-chan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2013, 07:17 PM
    Income elasticity
    Average income in one city of families with school-aged children is $20,000. The community spends $4,000 per student on public education. The community then receives an unrestricted grant (i.e. they can spend it however they like) from the state amounting to $2,000 per family. Given that the income elasticity of demand for expenditures on education is estimated to be +0.80, how much of an increase in educational expenditures per pupil can be expected to result from the grant?

Check out some similar questions!

Income elasticity [ 0 Answers ]

Calculate the income elasticity of demand for DVDs, where a 10 percent increase in income results in a 20 percent increase in the quantity of DVDs demanded at a given price. Decide from your answer, whether DVDs are normal or inferior goods.

How do you find income elasticity with total utility? [ 0 Answers ]

Hours/month Total Utility Windsurfing Total Utility Snorkeling 0_____________0____________________0 1_____________60___________________20 2_____________110__________________38 3_____________150__________________53 4_____________180__________________64 ...

Elasticity [ 1 Answers ]

When 10 percent change in the price of good brings about a 20 percent change in its quantity demanded the price elasticity of demand is... we can say that demand for this good is...

Elasticity of demand and elasticity of supply [ 1 Answers ]

Hello every one, Do let me know elasticity of demand and elasticity of supply means the same as price elasticity of demand and price elasticity of supply? If yes then its mean we use the same formula of price elasticity of demand and supply or they are different? Waiting... :confused:

Income elasticity [ 1 Answers ]

If there has been a 10 percent increase in consumer income between two periods, what was the percentage change in the demand for tobacco products and flour? Where income elasticity for these products is given as .50 and -0.36 respectively. How do I use this in the income elasticity demand...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search