Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sorrybill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2013, 09:00 AM
    Fingerprinted, arrested record in Canada, no criminal record
    Here is my situation.
    I was recently charged for theft under, first time offense, and court date is at the end of Oct. I have to cross US border everyday for a full time job. I am getting a diversion and my lawyer said the charge will be withdrawn if I satisfy the requirements.

Today, CBP pulled me in for fingerprint process for my TN visa (never happened before). They asked me if I was arrested in Canada I said yes for first time offense of theft under but I do not have criminal record and court date is the end of Oct. They took my fingerprint, said 'you are in our system for TN1 visa now' and let me through.

I don't know what will happen next. Will they contact my employer? I work for a health care insurance company. I read some of the post here and I am afraid now I have a FBI record. Will I be turned back from US in the future?

Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2013, 09:45 AM
    You are in the system, at least till you finish the program, i.e. the words withdraw charges, so charges are still valid,

A lawyer at the time you complete program to ensure all is done properly
    sorrybill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2013, 10:16 AM
    Thank you for your response, Chuck.
    You are one of the experts here and I rely on your response very much.

Will I be turned back because I have a pre-trail diversion in process? Does that mean I should not try to pass the us border and go to work from now on, until the court date?

My lawyer is a local famous one and he told me just tell them the truth which I did. But I don't want this to affect my job at all... So sorry that I made such a stupid mistake...

I know that CBP can see what happened from now on, no matter I apply to destroy the fingerprints at local police station or not (for future employment purpose I might as well do that). But the question is, after diversion, will I be an inadmissible person? From previous post that question has never been illustrated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not arrested but criminal record? [ 1 Answers ]

In 2006 I got in trouble for shoplifting. I was told that nothing would be put on my record if I paid everything back in full. I have since then paid everything back. (this was not a felony but a misdemeanor.) I went to the police department for a background check and nothing came up. But when I...

Do I have a criminal record If I was arrested and charged but the case was dismissed [ 10 Answers ]

I am 16 in NY Do I have a criminal record If I was arrested and charged but the case was dismissed and sealed? Will it appear on a background check? Can/will it negatively impact my employment chances with the financial industry? Can financial institutions penetrate sealed records? Are...

Arrested - No Criminal Record [ 4 Answers ]

If a person was arrested and in the end, did not receive a criminal record, is that person still bondable? Will the arrest show up when a security check is done on that person? This relates to law in Ontario, Canada.

View more questions Search