Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ann122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2013, 07:04 AM
    Do you have to get a crown with a root canal
    I am getting a root canal on tooth number 13 and it is a virgin tooth with no filling, do I absolutely have to get a crown on it? The endodontist said yes, I really cannot afford it after having the root canal help! It is third tooth from the back.
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Sep 26, 2013, 07:08 AM
    You do need the crown.

After the root canal the tooth dries out and becomes brittle. It can break, very easily. The crown protects it.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown after root canal [ 1 Answers ]

Ive just had a root canal on my Number two tooth due to nerve pain. I paid cash so the dentist or I think was reluctant to recommend any further work. Is that a tooth responsible for a lot of chewing? Us the likelihood it will break in the future high ?

Re do a root canal for new crown [ 2 Answers ]

I had a root canal done 6 years ago which was then filled and a metal crown fixed for my grinder. The crown came off a couple of days ago. My dentist says that the tooth has cracked and he will have to do a root canal again, buildup and then fix a new crown. Is this full procedure to be done as he...

Root canal after crown [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently had a crown done and it became a root canal a few weeks later. The first time I had the crown done in April, the fit was incorrect and there was a space between my two molars which caused food to get trapped. It got heavily infected and hurt a lot. I had to go back and see the...

I got a root canal and needed crown lengthening but got billed for a crown? [ 10 Answers ]

I went to a new dentist for a horrible tooth ache. They took a full set of X-rays which is fine but I just needed them to look at the one tooth ASAP. I was told I needed a root canal, crown lengthening, and porcelien crown. I could not afford everything at once so I did the root canal the next day...

Crown/root canal [ 6 Answers ]

I had a tooth ground down for a crown which then needed a root canal after the grinding. The first part of the root canal was fine. After the second visit, when filling the canals, the pain was intense and did not go away. Dentist gave me a shot of inflammatory medicine during which he hit...

View more questions Search