Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    00MrNotwrong00 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 03:28 PM
    HONDA Del Sol Flooding, why?
    I have a 93 del sol and I put a d16z6 in it, everything has been running just fine for about two years. Now all the sudden it keeps flooding ? Does anyone know Why ?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Check for any codes.
    00MrNotwrong00 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 05:07 PM
    I have code 43 and code 6 but I think they are unrelated. I pulled the fuel rail off to check to see if any of the injectors were leaking. I held them in place after unplugging the distributor as my dad turned the key and at 40psi there was no leaking but shouldn't there have been gas spraying out of the injectors ?

I put an electrical tester in the plugs to see if the injectors were getting electricity an they were. Should my fuel pump be putting out more than 40psi ? Should my injectors be getting more than 12volts at prime for two seconds and 9volts for when the car is trying to start?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2007, 06:23 PM
    All of that seems fine, to me.

A Code 43 can also be a problem in the Heated Oxygen Sensor circuit. Remember, oxygen sensors control the duration that gas is injected in each cylinder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Honda Del Sol maintenance 90,000 [ 3 Answers ]

Honda Del sol 93 - maintenance 90,000 Please let me know what items are necessary: 1. replace timing belt, they also want to replace water pump and add new drive belts - do I need to do all 3? (fee 550) 2. Valve clearance - I have heard that you can forget this unless you hear a rattle or...

93 honda civic del sol [ 1 Answers ]

My engine uses one quart of oil every 250 miles. It has 175000 miles on it. Sparkplugs do not have black deposits on them. Compression appears to be good. Valves were checked by mechenic and seals were replaced. PCV system was removed and cleaned. There doesn't appear to be any major leaks. There...

Honda Del Sol 93 [ 4 Answers ]

My mileage is 90,000. My muffler is loud and the dealer suggested to have it replaced for $200. My maintenance on this car has been real minimal - what can I expect the lifespan of this car to be? I'm trying to see if it is worth it for the muffler. Thanks Theresa

95 honda del sol won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a fender bender a few months back that broke the radiator. Before I knew the radiator was broken I drove it home, and while it was not in gear it would rev up and down on its own. On the way home the temp was really high but it never stalled or broke down.a few months later after replacing...

93 Honda Del Sol won't START.. =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1993 Honda del Sol Si, I have a little problem with the ignition, I put the key in, and it beeps to let me know that the door is open, but there is a problem.. I can't turn the key, at ALL.. it won't turn a bit.. it is very solid in the keyhole, I have shaken the wheel, I have put it in...

View more questions Search