Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    balvinder1234 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2013, 05:05 PM
    1 journal entry question
    4. Signed a contract for legal services starting December 1, 2014, for $4,900 per month. Paid for the first three months on December 1, 2014.

Company uses an expense account instead of a prepaid so first entry is:

Legal expense
    Cash
    TO RECORD THE INITIAL TRANSACTION

MY QUESTION: how would I do the adjusting (reversing) entry for this transaction?
    I don't know what is the asset account for legal expense
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2013, 05:27 PM
    Your asset account will be Prepaid Legal Expense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entry Question [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm supposed to create a journal entry for the items below. If anyone could let me know if I've made any errors it would be greatly appreciated. I got my B.A. In psych and this accounting class has been really challenging! -For the fiscal year of 2011 Jan-1 Acquired additional...

Journal entry question [ 1 Answers ]

I need to book a loan payable. It was cash which was spent so I never deposited any money. If I credit loan payable what do I debit? Draw or contribution?

What would the journal entry be for this question? [ 1 Answers ]

In May 2009, management of JJB determined that their assorted chocolate line of business was not profitable and could not compete with Rogers Chocolate and decided to discontinue operations. On Sept 23rd, 2009 JJB sold all assets relating to the Chocolate business and recorded a gain of $69,000...

What would the journal entry for this question be? [ 2 Answers ]

In May 2009, management of JJB determined that their assorted chocolate line of business was not profitable and could not compete with Rogers Chocolate and decided to discontinue operations. On Sept 23rd, 2009 JJB sold all assets relating to the Chocolate business and recorded a gain of $69,000...

View more questions Search