Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edkincaid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2013, 07:59 AM
    Need info on tracing down Native American family background.
    I was adopted at birth and have recently found some of my biological siblings. We are trying to trace down our Native American family history. Please share any information you might have in how to do so. Thank you
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2013, 08:05 AM
    You'd have to start by tribe, Cherokee, Navajo, souix, or whatever. Then try checking with their resvervation by your biological last name. In general there are many tribe specific history books.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Native American Statue - want more info? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Native American Statue. It stands about 2 1/2 ft. I've attached a picture. It has an eagle behind his head and two buffalos figures on the bottom. The sticker on bottom reads: Handmade in USA. Impressionist By Mario Inc. Style #21880 Finish - CV. The second sticker is from Fine...

Family's Native American history [ 2 Answers ]

I have the results to a genealogy test, which my father took, that states my father is 40% Inuit. He is also thought to be 50% Native American Indian of the Cherokee decent. I am in a little bit of a debate with someone over what percentage of American Indian that would make me. I don’t...

Tracing family history [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering, with a blood test can't you track your family history. My great grandmother was pure indian but her birth certificate burned in a house fire. Can't I get a blood test to show I have indian in me? If so how much is it?

Tracing International Family [ 1 Answers ]

My grandfather has traced our family back all the way to the late 1600's. Now that I have married Iw ould love to know more about my husband's family, but he is not from the US. He is from Nepal/India. Is there any difference in how to track down internationally that it is how we do it here? ...

View more questions Search