Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TsutaShine Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Seeing things scary again
    True story:

3 years ago, I used to play Nintendo games because I never liked horror stuff at all, and yes, until now I still am a gamer. But back in 2010, I discovered another Nintendo game and basically saw a very creepy cutscene which scared me really badly. It felt like I was traumatized over the screamer, but it was the first I have encountered a screamer ever.

Ever since watching the scene, I never dared to sleep because of thinking of the screamer inside my head, it took basically 1 month to forget the image.

Now, as I wanted to check someone's past YouTube videos, coincidentally the screamer image reappeared in the side thumbnails, I didn't see it coming and I was freaked out again.

Before seeing the image again, honestly I tried to overcome the screamer image by start playing other horror games on my own. I thought it would work but sadly, it didn't help at all.

Now, not only that I'm too scared to sleep. But I also think of the screamer image in class,I can't focus and I will act very strange when the image keeps flashing before my eyes.

But I don't think I have ever heard people experiencing something like this, I really just want the screamer image to go away.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 24, 2013, 10:23 AM
    If this image is affecting you this badly, I think you need to speak to someone about it in person. Talk to your parents... a counselor... someone. This isn't normal behavior to let an image affect you to this extent.
    TsutaShine Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    If this image is affecting you this badly, I think you need to speak to someone about it in person. Talk to your parents...a counselor...someone. This isn't normal behavior to let an image affect you to this extent.
    But is it best if I see a doctor? I'm just worried they won't believe me, or they will force me to see the image again.

But at the same time I'm worried I will unintentionally see the image again some day, only will be unable to control myself without realizing.

I can't even get close to my bed now, night lights only seemed to be worse than no lights at all. It is getting more stressful for seeing the image for 2 nights already and I have never felt this terrified before, it felt much worse than the first time seeing it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Suggestions for scary movies;'proper' scary [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, I've been looking for a really scary movie - really scary, the kind that you can't sleep for days(or maybe just one day.. ) after watching. I haven't really watched many but I've realized that most of which I watch are more.. well, funny than scary. So, I'd really like suggestions for...

Scary thunderstorms? [ 3 Answers ]

When I was younger, thunderstorms used to scare me. Now, I think lightning is pretty and the sound of thunder is just a way to tell how close the storm is. Why aren't they scary to older people when a lot of kids freak out?

Scary movie [ 3 Answers ]

It's a movie about a little boy who goes to an old ladys house she traps him in a jail cell and he has to read her stories about different monster and she's giong to cook him

Scary Movies [ 9 Answers ]

so its Halloween time and my friends and i are trying to find some scary movies to watch, but we can't seem to find any. Does anyone know of some really scary movies?? haha please help:p :o :) :D

View more questions Search