Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trisha420_6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Parking Lot Accident
    My step-daughter hit a parked car in the parking lot at her high school. The owner of the other car said it was no big deal and they parted ways. Late the same evening, the parent of the teenager called to threaten us with the police. What do I do?
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 28, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Give themher insurance details and let them deal with any issues. If she dealt with it at the roadside with the other driver, she did her bit.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Let the parent call the police - they will come and talk to your step-daughter and the other teenager and go from there. If there is under a certain amount of damage - no report is even necessary. The police will determine that. Call your insurance company and tell them what happened. Don't get bullied by the aggressive parent - instead, diffuse every argument and take the hot air out of the parent's balloon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car stolen from parking lot [ 7 Answers ]

I parked my car in a covered parking garage adjacent to the Seattle Opera House and it was stolen. Do I have a legitimate claim against the lot?

Parking companies [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I realize this is not the website to seek this out but does anybody know of any car parking companies that are seeking management? If so please let me know. Thanks.

Swimming in the Parking Lot [ 2 Answers ]

In Missouri, Apartment complex throughway and parking lot (no carports or garages) is littered with potholes several inches deep, enough to ruin your undercarriage, transmission, and alignment if you hit one. One deep pothole every few feet, littered with several other potholes. It looks...

Parking [ 5 Answers ]

Problem with parking space in my city has gotten so bad, that I need some advice on dealing with some stupid mistakes done by people. I live in Zagreb, Croatia's capitol (and biggest) city. Zagreb has just under 1 million citizens. In my neighbourhood, in the last year parking space just...

View more questions Search