Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ed0623 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 08:13 PM
    Adjusting entries at the end of dec 31 assuming each items independently.
    I really need help please to solve this problem. I really don't have an any idea yet regarding to this problem.

At dec. 31 2010 before the any adjustments:

* the total receivables at the year-end are 1,585,000.
    * the allowance for doubtful accounts has credit balance of 22,325
    * net credit sales is 2,100,000.

What would be the adjusting entries at dec. 31, 2010 assume each item independently.

1. It is the policy of the company to maintain an allowance of 3% og. The total receivables.
    2. Aging shows that 30,250 of receivables are uncollectible.
    3. It is the policy of the company to recognize uncollectible accounts at 1% of net credit sales.
    rehmanvohra Posts: 739, Reputation: 27

Sep 24, 2013, 05:26 AM
    I really need help please to solve this problem. I really don't have an any idea yet regarding to this problem.

at dec. 31 2010 before the any adjustments:

* the total receivables at the year-end are 1,585,000.
    * the allowance for doubtful accounts has credit balance of 22,325
    * net credit sales is 2,100,000.

What would be the adjusting entries at dec. 31, 2010 assume each item independently.

1. It is the policy of the company to maintain an allowance of 3% og. The total receivables.
    2. Aging shows that 30,250 of receivables are uncollectible.
    3. It is the policy of the company to recognize uncollectible accounts at 1% of net credit sales.

Answers:

1. desired balance in allowance account 47,750
    Balance in allowance account 22,325
    Increase needed 25,425

debit bad debts expense and credit allowance account by 25,425

2. Entry will be for the difference 30,250-22,235 = 8,015

3 Entry will be for 21,000. The ending balance in allowance account will now be 43,235

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advantages and disadvantages of automated systems for adjusting adjusting entries [ 5 Answers ]

Adjusting entries is something I have always done manually, is there any advantage to using an automated accounting system?

Year end Adjusting Entries [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing year end adjusting entries. Question #1 Bad Debt expense for the year totals $2,900 So would I Debit the Bad Debt Expense acct $2900 and credit the Allow of doubtful acct $2900 Question #2

Adjusting journal entries from adjusting column of work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prepare necessary adjusting journal entries (a) through (e) by using the following information from the Adjustments columns of a 10-column work sheet. Interest recievable (d)$880 Office supplies ...

Adjusting entries for year end [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I was wondering about year end adjusting enteries. What do I do with cash. Do I adjust it or leave it alone? I started with 25,000 and I ended with 30,000. Do I put this in OE or somewhere else. Do I adjust everything with a different balance?:eek:

View more questions Search