Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tismarie Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 07:01 PM
    Allowance for doubtful accounts
    I understand how to perform the first question and the correct journal entries to apply for all questions. What I cannot figure out is the correct amount for the last two question. Can someone please help me understand what I am missing out of the problem please.

The ledger of Hixson Company at the end of the current year shows Accounts Receivable $120,000, Sales $840,000, and Sales Returns and Allowances $30,000.

If Hixson uses the direct write-off method to account for uncollectible accounts, journalize the adjusting entry at December 31, assuming Hixson determines that Fell's $1,400 balance is uncollectible.
    Date Account/Description Debit Credit
    Dec. 31

If Allowance for Doubtful Accounts has a credit balance of $2,100 in the trial balance, journalize the adjusting entry at December 31, assuming bad debts are expected to be (1) 1% of net sales, and (2) 10% of accounts receivable.
    (1) Dec. 31

(2) Dec. 31

SHOW SOLUTION

If Allowance for Doubtful Accounts has a debit balance of $200 in the trial balance, journalize the adjusting entry at December 31, assuming bad debts are expected to be (1) 0.75% of net sales and (2) 6% of accounts receivable.
    (1) Dec. 31

(2) Dec. 31

SHOW SOLUTION
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2013, 07:07 PM
    This is a duplicate post and has been answered on your other post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounts receivable and allowance for doubtful accounts [ 1 Answers ]

At the close of its first year of operations, December 31, 2010, Ming Company had accounts receivable of $540,000, after deducting the related allowance for doubtful accounts. During 2010, the company had charges to bad debt expense of $90,000 and wrote off, as uncollectible, accounts receivable of...

Accounts Receivable and Allowance for Doubtful Accounts [ 2 Answers ]

IF a company sold$ 60000 of merchandise on credit.and Wrote off $10000 of uncollectible accounts receivable.Received $20000 cash in payment of accounts receivable. In adjusting the accounts , the company estimated that 0.5% of accounts receivable will be uncollectible. How can I account the ...

Allowance for Doubtful Accounts [ 3 Answers ]

Does this means that you have allowance for actual doubtful accounts? Such as a 25,000 (credit) to offset the accounts that are proven uncollectable. Ok, Here is my question! My homework question! I am only asking for feedback not asking anyone to answer the question itself. Scott Co....

View more questions Search