Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afsanchez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 01:44 PM
    Ibm thinkpad questions
    I inherited an IBM Model 1171, Series 1300; there is no wireless card, what options do I have in order to connect to the internet? (wireless or not)

Thank You
    afsanchez
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Sep 23, 2013, 01:54 PM
    There should be a RJ-45 jack, a network jack, on the laptop. You could just plug a cable in there and to your router.

If you want wireless you might be able to find either a USB or a PC card (cardbus) adapter. Your options here might be limited by the operating system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IBM ThinkPad R51 [ 5 Answers ]

I have this computer that is old--but like a favorite pair of old shoes. It nearly ran out of hard drive memory so I deleted all but the basic programs. I gained 4GB back on the hard drive but the speed, especially MS browser is extremely slow. Much more so than before. Any advice is appreciated--I...

IBM Thinkpad screen will not come on [ 1 Answers ]

Computer is running but the screen will not come on. Took battery out and reinstalled, several times, and does not change the black screen. HELP! IMB Thinkpad

IBM thinkpad [ 1 Answers ]

My computer has no sound and won't do any thing Windows xp professional starts up has all icons on screen but just won't open up.

IBM ThinkPad T60 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All; I have got an IBM ThinkPad T60 Laptop with Windows XP (SP2) installed. The problem I have is when my laptop goes on StandBy or Hibernet Mode, then recalling it from that state, the Keyboard & Mouse stops functioning and I need to restart it or shut it down to resolve this problem. ...

IBM Thinkpad [ 2 Answers ]

Couple questions... I have a PIII IBM thinkpad laptop. It turns on the lights turn on I can hear the HDD and cdrom running but no image comes on the screen. I am almost sure it is the motherboard. But some are talking about a video sub card. I am fairly new to laptops soooo is this just a fancy...

View more questions Search