Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blew2013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2013, 05:03 PM
    American Standard/Heritage 12
    When we kick the air on ,the fan won't start.. You have to get a stick and manually start the fan rotating.. is it just the fan on top of the unite going bad??
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2013, 06:48 PM
    Most likely the condenser capacitor. Look under the wiring cover for a silver cylinder or rectangle and get a replacement, ground all terminals before grabbing it. 95% of time it is this.
    blew2013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 02:10 PM
    Could it be the relay or the start compacitor witch is below the relay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American standard stem [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced two american standard stems(with a "top cap" seal). The cold is fine, but the hot has little flow with the new stem and seat.The old stem was wearing into the seat, and the top half of the seal on the stem was separated. I had to put the old stem and seat has well as the broken seal to...

American Standard or Rheem [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to decide between a Rheem high efficiency furnace and an American Standard. Which furnace is better of the two and which one of the two is most economical ?

American Standard [ 16 Answers ]

How to remove shower valve american standard

Goodman GSZ 14036 vs. American Std. Heritage 15 [ 2 Answers ]

Compelling reasons on both sides are making it difficult for me to decide which system to buy to replace an old oil furnace. One contractor can offer both units but strongly recommends the A.S. The other small contractor who has spent years in the field installing and fixing all brands says the...

Replacing an old Incesa Standard toilet with American Standard [ 0 Answers ]

Can the old Mexican version Incesa Standard wall mounted toilet be replaced with the new elongated version of the wall mounted American Standard toilet? Making sure both fits are standard connections... sizes, etc. I've heard 4" center and 4 1/2" center from floor. What do I need to be aware of...

View more questions Search