Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alex018 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2013, 10:37 AM
    Can my best friend's mom adopt me?
    I'm 13 years old. I live with my dad and his wife and his kids. I have 2 step siblings! They don't let me go outside because I'm grounded for my whole life. They don't let me hangout or see my friends anymore like they use to! My dad is always mad at me for no reason. He treatened me so many times! He always told me that if I die it's a good thing so he can have some money out of my death. Yesterday he told me that if I go outside again his putting me on juvenile or get a cops on me! He pretty much said a lot of bad things about me and my mom. He always want to control me! I can't have any decission in life.

I starve myself almost everyday! Not because I don't want to eat! It's cause they don't let me eat cause it's their money not mines and my grandpa always knock on my door give me some donuts and stuff. I steal food out of refrigerator every midnight when all of them asleep! They only invite me on the dinner when there in good mood. My dad took all my gadgets! I'm borrowing this iPod from my friend. Her mom wanted to adopt me because of what she heard.

I don't mostly tell people my life and the mean things from my dad only started when my step mom came last Feb. 2013.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 22, 2013, 10:39 AM
    Can my best friend mom adopt me? unlikely.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2013, 11:48 AM
    So where is your mom? Are you extremely underweight or suffering from malnutrition symptoms? You need to tell a school counselor. If he does call the police what do you have to lose, tell them how they are treating you.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 22, 2013, 03:15 PM
    I'm sure you realize that there are at least two sides to every story, and the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

That is the whole point of speaking to a professional that can actually initiate an investigation. For instance, telling your guidance counselor at school, will get the ball rolling. Why have you not done this already?

Because you are a minor, you can also contact CPS, and arrange to meet with someone, at a safe place, maybe your school.

Things will not get better until you start doing something. Being adopted by your friend's family isn't likely to happen, and if it were to happen, it wouldn't be without the above mentioned investigation, and recommendations through a court process, anyway.

So complaining about it, now has to be replaced with doing something about it. If you can enlist the help of your mother, or another relative, that might be helpful too.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 22, 2013, 03:35 PM
    No your friend's mom cannot adopt you without your parent's permission.

Where is your mom?

But the bottom line here is as Jake said. If your situation is really as bad as you say, then report it to a guidance counselor at school. An investigation will be done and you can be placed with your grandfather or a foster family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can my mom adopt my best friend? [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend is 15 and she is living with her sister. Her sister is always grounding her for no reason and making her babysit her four kids while she is out. She also makes my friend miss days of school jusy because she's grounded. My friend told me that she doesn't like living with her sister so...

Can my friend's mom and dad adopt me underage? [ 3 Answers ]

If a 14 year old doesn't want to live with his mom and dad and his friends parents would like to adopt him is it possible?

Can my best friend's mom adopt me with my dad's consent? [ 3 Answers ]

My father has never really been a father to me, he has given me a place to sleep and eat and that's it. He yells for no reason accuses me of stuff I don't do, says I don't do anything for the house when I actually do everything while he sits on his butt and watches TV. I'm tired of coming home...

Can my best friend adopt me without my mom giving me up? [ 17 Answers ]

Can my best friend ,who is 19, adopt me? She lives in Louisiana and I live in Oklahoma and I can deal with my home life so she really wants to adopt me but my mother won't give me up! How do I go about this?

View more questions Search