Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marine80233 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2013, 10:34 AM
    Is my birth mom looking for me?
    I was born on 2/5/70 @ 10:02 AM, in Denver, CO. The birth certificate indicates "Hospital" so I have no idea what hospital I was born at. {personal info removed} So I know there has to be a birth certificate with information on it some where. I was told that I was at a foster home some where here in Denver, CO sometime between when I was born and when I was adopted in July of 1970, and my foster parents had named me Mark. I can not confirm this but this is what I was told. If anyone has any information please contact me and let me know.

Being born in Denver and not knowing kind of gets to you. Sometimes when I pass people in the store I wonder if they could be my biological mom, or brother or sister. Sometimes people say, "you look like my cousin or boyfriend" and then I wonder if they could be biologically related you know?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 21, 2013, 11:25 AM
    Your best bet is to post on one of the many adoption clearing sites where children and parents can register their desire to connect.

This site isn't one of them.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 21, 2013, 12:10 PM
    Since you are living in the city where you were born, it might be possible to do some walking around various gov't departments, starting with Vital Statistics. You can get basic info off Colorado.gov.
    If you can find out who you were born to, then you can go to the dept that handles adoption records. If your mother is looking for you, she may have placed a request in your file. When both mother and child have applied, then they release contact info (last known anyway) to both of you.
    Finding birth parents isn't usually easy at all, and can also end in heartache if the parent doesn't want to see you. Some don't want to face the past, or just can't deal with the emotions.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 21, 2013, 03:57 PM
    Center for Health & Environment Information and Statistics - Colorado Voluntary Adoption Registry

This is probably where you should start.

I would also register on reunion websites such as ISRR and adoption.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my birth mom [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. Im 21 and looking for my birth parents. I know both of their names and what hospital I was born in. However I can't seem to find anything to help me that doesn't require money. Its extremely frustrating. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it!

Finding my birth mom. [ 1 Answers ]

My biological dad name is on my birth certificated,but not my biological mom or adopted mom name is on it.There is a black line going through the space for mother's name. Any help would be appreciated.

Need to findmy Birth mom NY [ 5 Answers ]

I was born on February 24, 1983 in Newburgh, NY. My birth mother was 15. She made a wise and strong decision to give me a better life and place me up for adoption. Inow have a little girl and have somany questions. I truly want to find my birth mother and find out my background history. I want to...

Looking for birth mom [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone use findme.org. I need help. I found my bmom listing for me. I can not get on the site. I was born 6 21 76 in syracuse ny. My given name is JAMIE JOHN PALLIEN. Can anyone check this out on findme.org for me. Please respond?

View more questions Search