Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nindzha Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Mar 28, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Gospel of Judas
    I am wondering is the gospel of Judas acknowledged by the church?
    If not why not?

Thank you in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Does the church know it exists of course it does, but it was never accepted as valid. There are dozens of false Gospels written many centuries after.

This is merely a false Gospel with no church value.
    Mz Sunshine Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

May 9, 2009, 10:38 AM

What?
    At?why would you ask such a smart question!
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

May 9, 2009, 11:42 AM

I agree with Fr_Chuck.

There are gospels of Mary and Philips also. And you can Google them.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 9, 2009, 12:53 PM

If it has anything to do with the Da Vinci code I wouldn't bother with it.
    If it backs up the Bible then I think it would be interesting.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 9, 2009, 01:01 PM

And the new agers like to use the Gospel of Thomas.
    The problem is when you decide what you believe first, then read or listen to only things which strengthen that position, instead of reading or listening to contrary opinions and then deciding what you will believe.

May 9, 2009, 10:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by homesell View Post
    And the new agers like to use the Gospel of Thomas.
    The problem is when you decide what you believe first, then read or listen to only things which strengthen that position, instead of reading or listening to contrary opinions and then deciding what you will believe.
    Homesell, I agree with you.

May 9, 2009, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by homesell View Post
    ... The problem is when you decide what you believe first, then read or listen to only things which strengthen that position, instead of reading or listening to contrary opinions and then deciding what you will believe.
    I had noticed this in many other posts and threads and otherwise also that these days people want to believe in only what they like to believe in. I really wonder how people twist the scripture to nurture their selfish desires. They reject Jesus and try to have direct connection with God. Yet they do not realize that the only way to reach God is via Jesus Christ. They do not want to believe in which does not give them cozy feeling, whereas the path of the Bible is narrow and hard. They do not want to read the NT or OT, but would happily read and preach other literature and value it more than the Bible. They do not let God be God, rather try to bring HIM down to their level and dictate HIM. God be let God and let HIM do whatever HE wishes because HE is loving and caring God.

We should stop believing in what we wish to believe in and match our thinking and beliefs to the tune of the Bible.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 10, 2009, 04:04 AM

Triund,
    I agree with you totally. In the support group I ran for people involved with cults(either themselves, friends, or family) two themes always ran through. Either people brought the almighty God/Jesus to their level, making God prettty much like them and expecting God to act and think and do things the way THEY think He should do things. OR, they put themselves where THEY themselves were either already above God or on their way. They would determine(based on what their literature,culture, and/or media said)what was right and wrong.
    Nothing new. When Israel was in a state of rebellion the old testament says, "there was no king(authority) in those days and each man did whatever he thought was best."
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 11:02 PM
    I agree qith Fr. Chuck.
    There is even a gospel according to Pilat.
    I have read it and the thing that impressed me most was Pilat saying that he learned the lesson that, "There is no end to the things we do."
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

May 13, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    I agree qith Fr. Chuck.
    There is even a gospel according to Pilat.
    I have read it and the thing that impressed me most was Pilat saying that he learned the lesson that, "There is no end to the things we do."
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fred, who is Pilat? None of Jesus' disciple.

Secondly, after reading your post a thought flashed across my mind that what book or bunch of papers or literature is called "Gospel"?
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 10:21 PM
    Triund,
    The governor of Judea was Pontius Pilate who sentenced Jesus to death.
    The word gospel means Good News and the gospels in the bible are the good news of and about Jesus Christ.
    There are many false gospels.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search