Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2013, 02:49 PM
    Democrat aversion to reality
    Or is it just blatant dishonesty? Like the mythical "war on women" Democrats just can't seem to have an honest discussion. Frankly I'm more than a bit fed up with it, particularly the aforementioned meme and the never ending explanations on why Republicans hate Obama.

And now a word from Mimi Pelosi.

Throughout a 50-minute interview on Thursday in her second-floor Capitol office, where the late Speaker Tip O’Neill used to receive supplicants, Pelosi was sharply derisive about the scorn Republicans have for this president.

You know why it is,” she said. “You know why it is. He’s brilliant, … he thinks in a strategic way in how to get something done … and he’s completely eloquent. That’s a package that they don’t like.”…

Then she added a line that she has used before, that drives Republicans batty: “He has been … open, practically apolitical, certainly nonpartisan, in terms of welcoming every idea and solution. I think that’s one of the reasons the Republicans want to take him down politically, because they know he is a nonpartisan president, and that’s something very hard for them to cope with.”
    If were drinking a beer right now I would have spewed it all over the floor.

By all means, please tell us how the guy who couldn't take a break from railing on Republicans while people were being shot in DC, whose IRS has targeted conservative groups, the guy of the "attack watch" fame - the most political, partisan, divisive president of my lifetimes is as Nancy says "open", "apolitical" and "non-partisan."

No Orwellian BS please, let's get real here.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2013, 03:03 PM
    They have a way with words to totally side step issues and facts
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2013, 03:10 PM
    People believe what they want to believe, they give Noble Prizes to prize idiots... but I digress
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2013, 03:21 PM
    You noticed that too about the nobel peace prize?
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2013, 04:00 PM
    I notice many things, sometimes it helps to be a little further away from the problem, sometimes not
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 20, 2013, 04:04 PM
    Will you parse your second sentence for me?
    There seem to be 3 premises in it that I can't grasp.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2013, 04:11 PM
    Democrats just can't seem to have an honest discussion
    Well neither can republicans, therein lies your political problem.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2013, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Will you parse your second sentence for me?
    There seem to be 3 premises in it that I can't grasp.
    I notice many things, sometimes it helps to be a little further away from the problem, sometimes not
    I expect you are speaking about this statement

1st Part responding to NOhelp4U, 2nd Part referring to the fact that I am at some distance to events in the Northern Hemisphere and Washington in particular and therefore can be more objective, 3rd Part suggesting sometimes you need to be close to the issues to understand the nuiances
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2013, 04:28 PM
    Non-partisan ? This is the guy who made an address on Monday while the bodies of the victims of the Navy Yard shooting were still warm to lambast the Repubics .Oh he gave lip service to the shooting ,and his bumbling and incoherent handling of Syria . Then he wasted no time to trash talk about the House Repubics :
    The problem is at the moment, Republicans in Congress don't seem to be focused on how to grow the economy and build the middle class. I say “at the moment” because I'm still hoping that a light bulb goes off here. (Laughter from the drones in attendance.)
    Other gems from his speech .....they're willing to tank the entire economy.....Are they really willing to hurt people just to score political points?....(they ) haven't put forward serious ideas .....I put forward ideas for tax reform—haven't heard back from them yet. (a complete lie )
    The same bs we hear on these boards... but I have no expectation of negotiating with anyone here to do the job the people elected me to do .

She is right about one thing... the apolitical thingy . He doesn't have a clue about how to conduct politics in a town that practices nothing but politics. In the emperor's mind ;everyone must conform to his thinking . He says I will not negotiate .But that is not completely true . He is willing to negotiate with the 12ers in Tehran . He's willing to negotiate with Putin and Assad. He'll negotiate with every likeminded person on the planet . But he won't negotiate with the Repubics in the House . They are the enemy that Alinsky said must be isolated and ridiculed .
    current pert

Sep 20, 2013, 04:41 PM
    The mythical - ?
    "war on women" - ?
    Democrats just can't seem to have an honest discussion.
    You are saying that the war on women, whatever that is, but maybe it isn't because it's mythical, can't have an honest discussion?
    Or is the word 'like' meant in that valley girl way.

That all is what I was hoping to get sorted out.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2013, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    the mythical - ?
    "war on women" - ?
    Democrats just can't seem to have an honest discussion.
    You are saying that the war on women, whatever that is, but maybe it isn't because it's mythical, can't have an honest discussion?
    Or is the word 'like' meant in that valley girl way.

That all is what I was hoping to get sorted out.
    I sorry there seems to be a disconnect here like a distant echo from another thread or perhaps you are not speaking to me. I see now you are referring to the OP.

The war on women is mythical, there is no glass ceiling, those who have ability rise, just not as quickly as their over inflated egos would have them. Reality steps in sometimes, but the ones who hold women back are women themselves, get over yourselves. There I've put the cat among the pigeons...
    current pert

Sep 20, 2013, 07:33 PM
    I give up. My point about premises isn't getting across.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2013, 07:35 PM
    I can see it but who wants to debate BO's personality. If you have points to make make them but we have come not to expect explanations
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2013, 08:02 PM
    I've discovered the video that explains Liberals everywhere... its their medication.

MinusIQ | The pill to lower your IQ permanently - YouTube
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2013, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I've discovered the video that explains Liberals everywhere....its their medication.

MinusIQ | The pill to lower your IQ permanently - YouTube
    I'm sure it is very droll unfortunately the speakers on my PC aren't working
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2013, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I'm sure it is very droll unfortunately the speakers on my PC arn't working
    Its actually a comedy skit...
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2013, 12:11 AM
    Well right in line with politics then
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2013, 02:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    non-partisan ? This is the guy who made an address on Monday while the bodies of the victims of the Navy Yard shooting were still warm to lambast the Repubics .Oh he gave lip service to the shooting ,and his bumbling and incoherent handling of Syria . Then he wasted no time to trash talk about the House Repubics :

Other gems from his speech .....they're willing to tank the entire economy.....Are they really willing to hurt people just to score political points?....(they ) haven't put forward serious ideas .....I put forward ideas for tax reform—haven't heard back from them yet. (a complete lie )
    The same bs we hear on these boards ... but I have no expectation of negotiating with anyone here to do the job the people elected me to do .

She is right about one thing ...the apolitical thingy . He doesn't have a clue about how to conduct politics in a town that practices nothing but politics. In the emperor's mind ;everyone must conform to his thinking . He says I will not negotiate .But that is not completely true . He is willing to negotiate with the 12ers in Tehran . He's willing to negotiate with Putin and Assad. He'll negotiate with every likeminded person on the planet . But he won't negotiate with the Repubics in the House . They are the enemy that Alinsky said must be isolated and ridiculed .
    More from the emperor yesterday... We're not some banana republic. This isn't some deadbeat nation[...he accused the GOP of threatening to blow the whole thing up... Now they've gone beyond just holding Congress hostage. They're holding the whole country hostage... They're focused on trying to mess with me.

Is this some of the apolitical stuff that Madame Mimi speaks of ?
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2013, 03:21 AM
    Yeah I got more . The emperor said : "We don't run out on our tab" because we are not a "banana Republic" . Does a nation that is not a banana republic run up a tab without ever attempting to pay it down ? When does the bar tender say enough is enough ?
    The emperor said : Raising the debt ceiling, which has been done over a hundred times, does not increase our debt.
    I don't even know what that means . I do know that when an agency like the FDA has $182,000 to study whether they are "liked" on Facebook then the government has not even begun yet streamlining it's budgets to sequester levels .
    FDA spends to monitor Twitter, Facebook - Kyle Cheney - POLITICO.com
    I'll tell you what is banana republic... unleashing the IRS on your political opponents is banana republic.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2013, 03:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    more from the emperor yesterday ....We're not some banana republic. This isn't some deadbeat nation[...he accused the GOP of threatening to blow the whole thing up...Now they've gone beyond just holding Congress hostage. They're holding the whole country hostage.....They’re focused on trying to mess with me.

Is this some of the a political stuff that Madame Mimi speaks of ?
    Interesting premeses there we are not a banana republic, beg to differ you spend more than you earn this isn't a dead beat nation, well mass killings and 50000 dead a year from gun violence would suggest otherwise. they are holdong the whole country hostage then why don't all those good gun owners rise up in the name of liberty

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Republican/Democrat vs. Welfare [ 17 Answers ]

So, perhaps I should start with a story. A group of friends and a few acquaintances were having a politic discussion. Well, a friend of mine mentioned she was on state medical (she is paralyzed), and a person said something to the effect of, "you must be an Obama lover, most people on Welfare are...

Why I'm going to vote DEMOCRAT [ 21 Answers ]

I'm voting Democrat because English has no place being the official language in America. I'm voting Democrat because it's better to turn corn into fuel than it is to eat. I'm voting Democrat because I'd rather pay $4 for a gallon of gas than allow drilling for oil off the coasts of America. ...

Democrat versus Republican [ 7 Answers ]

Many of you guys can add it up in one minute, so please tell me: How many wars were initiated by democrats since the beginning of the USA? How many were started by republicans? How many wars were ended by republicans versus democrats?

What's Risk Aversion [ 1 Answers ]

What does risk aversion refer to? An investors willingness to buy investments with less certain, but higher, returns ?

Democrat/republican who? [ 5 Answers ]

Are you going to vote democrat or republican and then who are you going to vote for? If you vote.

View more questions Search