Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sri9750 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
    I need a break from all distractions and temptations and concentrate on my studies
    Sir/Madam, I'm 16, studying in class XI with the science stream. I want to do well in exams, want to top my class and above all concentrate on my future. But there's something which does not let me concentrate on my studies. Thing is that I, very easily, fall for any guy and keep thinking about them and waste my time. I solely want to study and that is it. But due to my distractive and careless mind I'm making things tougher in my life. I seriously need some genuine piece of advise to concentrate like anything and show the people out there that I what I have in me because I'm tired of getting underestimated and the main thing I'm fed up of being a looser who scores pathetic marks in her exams despite she knows that she can do the best out of it. Help me Please..
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 20, 2013, 02:13 PM
    Sixteen is an excellent time to start developing one's mental discipline or equilibrium. One way to do this is a short period of concentration every morning. I found a poem about that time that I read every morning to this day. It's Max Ehrmann's "Desiderata."

Here's a link to it:

http://www.healtalk.com/dl/desiderata.pdf
    Pelusawoman Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2013, 02:14 PM
    Ah yes, I remember your same problem very well. I don't know if there is a good answer for it, but there are some things you can do.

First, get good, consistent sleep every night. Limit your evening activities on school nights so that you are going to bed early enough for your body to wind down for productive sleep. This will greatly help your concentration and focus during the day. If caffeine keeps you wound up, drink caffeinated beverages in the morning or else drink decaff. Don't watch TV or get on the computer before bed. The light beam pulsing into your eyes makes your brain more wired, as if it were a bright sunny morning.

Take a complete vitamin every day. The B vitamins and magnesium sharpen your brain and concentration. There may be others, too, I just am not aware. It couldn't hurt to eat healthy meals, too, like vegetables instead of fast food.

Of course, getting enough exercise helps the brain stay on track. I know from experience that if I stay too long at a mundane task, such as studying, my mind wanders everywhere except where I need it to be.

What do you do that starts the "guy thinking"? Are you talking and flirting with them? Maybe until you get the grades you want and are in the right point in life, you should curb any behavior that starts your mind down the wrong track. One trick that may help you: watch the guy in question until you see him do something that is not cool, like picking his nose or stuffing food in his mouth. Think about dealing with that behavior every day, all the time. It may turn you off enough to get back to the science classes.

Above all, treat yourself well. You are worth the best, so don't settle for less.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2013, 03:46 PM
    When you get obsessive thoughts stop them asap. I use to have a hard time with obsessing with something in the refrigerator. Like the cherry cheesecake would nag me until I went for a piece. I started thinking about all the weight I'd gain eating every time I thought of food. Maybe if you start thinking about a guy think of an actor or singer that you really like and tell yourself you have as much chance with him as with (for example) Johnny Depp.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't concentrate on my studies. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi guys. I can't concentrate on my studies at all! I'm from a broken family, so my two sisters do not have good grades. Please help! I'm in grade 10 going into year 11. Just give me things to do and how to conentrate!! I need to do good in my studies! Please help me.

Concentrate at my studies [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm a girl of 15.and I really want to concentrate at my studies than it wander for some other useless subjets. Can it be possible for me to do this?

I can't concentrate on my studies? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi!! I'm 19 years boy from Pakistan I was a very good student in my class but now I don't have any interest in my studies , I love to study but can't do that plzzzzz help me in great trouble plzz guide me I shall be very thank full to you or you can mail me on my id >Removed<... Thanks

I can't concentrate in my studies [ 1 Answers ]

I am 20 years boy I am doing my 3rd year degree. I am well in my studies. I am fall in love that's why I can't concentrate in my studies.I spent hrs to study for exam and forget all about it in minutes. How I can escape from this problem. How I can concentrate in my studies?

I can't concentrate on my studies [ 3 Answers ]

I can't concentrate not only on studies but not even on other things I am in seventh I lack encouraging friends whatever I think of doing I get bored of it and skip e.g. I think of studying ,study , get bored, think of taking notes, take notes, get bored, think of reading storybook , get bored...

View more questions Search